PlayBuddy
May 23, 2024, 04:16:43 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 5 or more dolls in one move 170 times this week! [Download Cheat]
A Way With Words : Make 80 words with all yellow letters this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Any General Hospital fans out there?

Started by heavenVCandrews,

Previous topic - Next topic

heavenVCandrews

Hi i'm just started a thread for general hospital,i know i'm not the only one who watches it.I'm really enjoying all the storylines.I'm so glad nikolas found out the truth about rebecca,but i wonder what he has planned for her in his revenge.

disneyland lady

Sorry, not a GH fan but am just very saddened that Guiding Light will turn off its light after 75 years coming Sept 18.

heavenVCandrews

Yeah its sad but they did have such a great run.My mom and my grandma used to watch that show too.

CindyLouWho

I used to be a big GH fan for years but don't hardly watch it any now.  I got tired of all the mob crap.  I still watch AMC & OLTL but they are even starting to go downhill some. 

Mistyeyed

i havent watched this for a few years now,i also got tired on all the stories revolving around sonny and his mob...i loved this show back in the 80s with luke and laura,my all time favorite soap couple,and also liked holly and robert and frisco and felecia

heavenVCandrews

Yeah alot of people have gotten tired of GH,but i love it! Its very entertainig and recently its been pretty good.
OLTL lost me completely when it took 2 and a half years for rex to find out stacy was playing him.I used to love OLTL.I remeber when i first watched it.The todd/marty rape storyline was happening! popcorn2.gif

Mistyeyed

i dont know how old you are but do you remember secret storm and the edge of night? i used to rush home from school to catch those shows...i loved general hospital in its heyday when luke and laura were on the run,and also when they were involved with mikos cassadine and his sons...

heavenVCandrews

Misty i'm 27 and i've been watching soaps since i was 9 years old.I used to watch with my mom.now i watch GH and Days of our lives.Yes i heard of the secret storm,wasn't joan crawford on a couple of episodes.Do you remeber Dangerous women? It was a soap opera that came on in the evening.It was about women that were in prison.This aired around 91' or 92'.

Mistyeyed

was that the title it went by,i cant remember that one,i know there used to be a womens prison one but i was thinking it was something like cellblock5 or something like that..secret storm and dark shadows have to be my overall favorite soaps of all time...i hope the guiding light actors find some spots on some of the other soaps..the girl that plays lizzie..shes from my area here..she comes back for a visit every once and a while..denzel washington is shooting some scenes in this area for his new movie..something about a runaway train or along those lines..he should be in the area in a couple weeks...big news for this area..

heavenVCandrews

Wow misty thats really cool.Did you get a chance to see denzel? I really like him,hes a good actor.

shoppingforme

I don't watch GH  ... but I did just read that get this JAMES FRANCO is going to be on for about 4 months.. starting at the end of October...  I mean what the heck??  Why would he go on there...  I am in protest of soaps now that they canceled my Guiding  Light donthearyou.gif

bams68

Well I'm a huge fan of GH. I myself am hooked cuz of my mom. I can remember sitting home as a toddler watching my mom watch the show. As we all grew up, we jus watched it together....an had dinner LOL

I think those who watched GH still do or like sum of u mentioned dun enjoy the storeylines now that luke an laura are not the items anymore. Seems GH changed there gears are aim there storys to a younger auidence. To keep viewers I think is why they do this. Guilding LIght I hear is shutting down cuz there viewers jus have either passed on or jus can't watch anymore due to age. I think it's more of an older type show that can't pick up new viewers...an so yeah at sum point they all will fail unless they try to pick up a younger auidence. Which I think is what GH is doing an maybe a few others I dunno as I only watch GH.

Anywhoooo I've been watching it since I could open my eyes LOL....and my fav all time part was Robin an Stone.....so touching.

disneyland lady

Quote from: bams68 on October 02, 2009, 05:03:17 AM
Guilding LIght I hear is shutting down cuz there viewers jus have either passed on or jus can't watch anymore due to age. I think it's more of an older type show that can't pick up new viewers...an so yeah at sum point they all will fail unless they try to pick up a younger auidence.
Guiding Light isn't shutting down - it is gone. Mid Sept was the last airdate and while they closed out many of the story lines I still have this void from it being gone. I know younger people watch things like Gossip Girl and all the nightly soap opera type shows rather than the daytime ones but Young and Restless has a new Ashley/Victor/Nicki story line that has been done over and over and over. But they still get the viewers.

Mistyeyed

besides the stories of luke and laura,sean and tiffany,scorpio and anna,i loved the robin and stone story..i bawled my head off when they showed his death scene...i just dont care for the show that much anymore..too much of sonny corinthos and his going ons,i never have cared for him since he joined the show...

i watched the last week of guiding light,they tied up a lot of the stories and it was good to see some of the past cast members back...

bams68

yeah I knew it was already off, a lady had posted it on another site I know an yeah was jus outta the blue to her. Sorry if I worded that wierd....anywhooooooooooooo I myself enjoy the whole Sonny thing....I'm jus that kinda gal. I luv the bad guy

shy12.gif

but yeah I heard that the reason for Guilding light was due to viewers an lack of them. I myself never watched it, so I dunno from my opinion but yeah that's what I heard was the case of it being shut off. Ah well I'm sure many more will either change alot more or meet the same fate.

JAYREMI

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview