PlayBuddy
June 05, 2024, 05:55:28 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Hoarders on A&E

Started by shoppingforme,

Previous topic - Next topic

shoppingforme

Ok I am taking a pogo break and reading my new book The Lost Symbol and watching a show on a&e called Hoarders....can you say I am HORRIFIed????????????  I have never seen such a thing in all my life.  This is beyond insane.  How can anyone live in such filth.  Now I am a little anal about certain things, I give ya that.  Like all cabinets are organized and labeled. That sort of thing.  But these folks are living in GARBAGE!!! And they feel as though that is perfectly ok.  I just had to vent about it, thanks for listening swear2.gif...  Now if anyone lives like that on here...don't me to offend 6_6.gif

Hocky

I have watched that show...it's a shame those people have a severe psychiatric issue/illness.  I am a home health nurse and believe me, I have seen my fair share of the exact same thing you see on TV.  It's even worse when you can smell the smells and see the bugs and stuff all running around crawling all over everything.   vomit.gif

shoppingforme

Yikes, I can only imagine what your experience I don't know if I could do it...  it has to be very difficult   

triviamaven

I have watched every episode of this show.  I made my mom watch it to prove that I am not THAT bad a housekeeper. I may have a lot of stuff and a lot of piles....but there is no rotting food,flies,feces etc all over my house....now, dustbunnies and piles of dog hair are another matter. I let them pile up as I could vacuum every 10 minutes and still not get them all. Once a week is quite sufficient for me (no kiddies in the house, just me! lol)

disneyland lady

My mother was a hoarder and I grew up in that filth with 6 brothers (she hourded kids too). I never brought in any of my friends from off the porch cuz I just was mortified by the situation. It is not about being dirty, it is about not being able to throw anything out. It only stopped when she went to live with one of my family members who stopped it from ever getting that bad. None of my family have done the same thing so it isn't like drinking. I feel sick to my stomach every time I see my house which is filled with the furniture of my adult son who lives here along with my own. My garage is filled to the brim with boxes of the things from 2 of my rooms (being used by my son and teen grandson) and all my sons boxes of items. When I saw that this show was going to be on I made it a point NOT to watch it. I am OCD about Pogo and any other thing that grabs my attention so I am sure that this disorder is also OCD driven.

bams68

I've seen different shows that deal with the same thing. It amuses me .....an well yeah disgust as well. But yeah my mom is a pack rat. She lives in clutter an collects things that she really has no use for an can probably throw out but what can ya do....it's there home.

I myself am the total opposite. I hate clutter, an everything has to be put away....my house looks sumtimes abit bare, except the clutter of toys LOL that I can't control....I spoil my son.

GameDiva

I also have seen every episode.  This is such a complicated disorder.  The stress on those close to the hoarder is heartbreaking.

disneyland lady

As I said before, my mother was a hoarder. The repercussions are even felt at Christmas. I try my hardest to find a gift to her that is disposable and would only be around for a while - like her favorite ice cream or toffee. I cringe when my brothers would gift her with yet another jigsaw puzzle when she has enough to fill one of her rooms. When I confronted one of my brothers he said that he would just grab one of the old puzzles and wrap it up cuz she rarely even took them out of the wrapper. So we did have "light" moments with a hoarder. I mean, after all, what do you buy for a hoarder? Anything and everything.

triviamaven

lol   DLL, your brothers have the same devious mind as me. I  took care of my gpa with Alzheimer's for a few years and he loved his birthday so it came around quite often...and gifts got recycled of course. We loved playing games on him, he was such a good sport and occasionnally knew we had had the same conversation or event before. Gotta get the laughs where you can!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview