PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 02:33:43 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Women looses long term disability payments over face book

Started by roadwarrior,

Previous topic - Next topic

roadwarrior

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091122/ap_on_re_ca/cn_canada_facebook_insurance

PSA announcement of the day:  If you are getting disability benefits from work due major depression it is not very smart to post pictures of you trying having "fun" at your birthday party.  Oh, and a chip an dale dance club.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

jamrow32

Isn't this why you are supposed to make everything private.....stupid people deserve what they get.  Good luck to her proving her case in court.

Hocky

Two sides to every story....

I can't imagine that someone would be penalized just because of one night of fun that was posted on facebook (what was she supposed to do? Sit at home and not go out anywhere.....ever?)  Just because someone is depressed, doesn't mean that they can't ever go out and try to enjoy life or do something to help their depression. 

But, there are also people that take advantage of the "system" to get something for nothing....faking a medical condition and getting financial compensation for it is despicable! That's one of the reasons why taxes are high, health care is high, joblessness is high, and the economy is in the toilet.  Eventually all wrongdoings will catch up to everyone.

Just my two cents worth...........

roadwarrior

Quote from: hocky on November 24, 2009, 06:57:36 AM
Two sides to every story....

I can't imagine that someone would be penalized just because of one night of fun that was posted on facebook (what was she supposed to do? Sit at home and not go out anywhere.....ever?)  Just because someone is depressed, doesn't mean that they can't ever go out and try to enjoy life or do something to help their depression. 

But, there are also people that take advantage of the "system" to get something for nothing....faking a medical condition and getting financial compensation for it is despicable! That's one of the reasons why taxes are high, health care is high, joblessness is high, and the economy is in the toilet.  Eventually all wrongdoings will catch up to everyone.

Just my two cents worth...........

I'm not saying her depression isn't real...depression is very real.  I'm not saying she should sit at home and cry 24/7.  BUT what I would like to say is-

Think three, four, five, ten, twenty times before posting something online.  Esp photos.  Even double careful about posting ANYTHING, photos or not, on a social networking site.  Everything you post on social networking sites can and have been used against people.  Lost jobs, lost internships, lost scholarships, it's gotten people kicked out of schools and colleges.

People have lost all of this not becuase they have/use facebook/myspace, but becuase they used poor judgment on what they have posted.

If I had been this women and in the same/similar situation as this women and I did go out to have a little fun and photos were taken of me at a bar/event-I would NOT post them on my facebook/myspace page out of fear someone would take the photos the wrong way and twist them.  Just me.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

redhotbabydoll

I agree exactly..everything you post on a website can be seen by others..if you don't want it in the newspaper..don't post it. I would never post my picture or my kids pictures on the website because too many weirdo's out there who become stalkers and other things and that could endanger not only my life, but theirs.

HILLBILLY131

girls18.gif it doesn't matter if she is depressed she still can work so i think she got what was coming to her.
 i'm on depression meds and i can't get any disability of any kind

Stinkerbell

Quote from: HILLBILLY131 on December 05, 2009, 08:03:04 PM
girls18.gif it doesn't matter if she is depressed she still can work so i think she got what was coming to her.

Do you have hormonal problems? The last 2 posts I read of yours has you sobbing.  giggle2.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 05, 2009, 08:09:00 PM
Do you have hormonal problems? The last 2 posts I read of yours has you sobbing.  giggle2.gif
I am saddened by the abuse of the english language.

The woman in question lost her long-term disability. Subject should be "WomAn loses (one "O") long-term (compound word requiring a hyphen) disability payments..." magnifier.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Stinkerbell

Quote from: HILLBILLY131 on December 05, 2009, 08:03:04 PM

I was thinking about your post and recalled an article I read that claimed most Americans are candidates for anti-depressants. I was on anti-depression medication for a few years, several years ago and while they helped me get through life on a day-to-day basis, they did nothing to help me solve the problems that were causing my depression in the first place.

I'm troubled by doctors who prescribe medications, treating the symptoms without treating the cause.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on December 05, 2009, 09:14:56 PM
I am saddened by the abuse of the english language.

The woman in question lost her long-term disability. Subject should be "WomAn loses (one "O") long-term (compound word requiring a hyphen) disability payments..." magnifier.gif

Indeed?

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview