PlayBuddy
June 18, 2024, 01:05:32 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Battleship

Started by raine56,

Previous topic - Next topic

raine56

I have trying to rank out on Battleship using the auto.  However I keep getting kicked out after about an hour because of low memory etc errors.  I was wondering what rooms and settings people are using?  Also which browser seems to work the best.  I am using firefox at the moment but do have IE8.

Mistyeyed

i can only get the auto to play one game,it wont click on play again...

Stinkerbell

Mine would only play a few hours also. It's one of those games that I had to go in and close down then restart to free up memory.

Mistyeyed

i downloaded it again,and it still will only play one game,and wont click on play again..

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mistyeyed on December 09, 2009, 04:20:50 PM
i downloaded it again,and it still will only play one game,and wont click on play again..

Did you try using a different browser? I don't know if that would help or not but there are some games that the auto won't run on certain browsers.

C~M

Quote from: Mistyeyed on December 09, 2009, 04:20:50 PM

As Homer will tell you, submit a TSR.

raine56

I have sent a TSR.  I was just wondering if it was just me lol.  Thanks for the info.  I have been persevering with the restarting and have made it to rank 23.  Going to take a while to finish this one.

C~M

Quote from: raine56 on December 09, 2009, 07:02:39 PM
I have sent a TSR.  I was just wondering if it was just me lol.  Thanks for the info.  I have been persevering with the restarting and have made it to rank 23.  Going to take a while to finish this one.

Lol, that is a Pogo problem, I was telling Mistyeyed to send a TSR...lol

FreecellFanny

I have this issue and I use Firefox.

Nothing wrong with the auto; it's the game.  swear2.gif

Joe C

Quote from: FreecellFanny on December 10, 2009, 10:25:26 AM
I have this issue and I use Firefox.

Nothing wrong with the auto; it's the game.  swear2.gif
I do not have this issue. I am able to run overnight anytime I feel like it. tumbsup.gif

I use Apple Safari in Windows on my PC. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on December 10, 2009, 03:39:49 PM
I do not have this issue. I am able to run overnight anytime I feel like it. tumbsup.gif

I use Apple Safari in Windows on my PC. tumbsup.gif

I still can't use Safari. Whatever plugin it wasn't won't install correctly.

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 10, 2009, 03:50:41 PM
I still can't use Safari. Whatever plugin it wasn't won't install correctly.
You have to set it up so that you have DEVELOP on the Menu. You then choose a USER AGENT of Internet Explorer 7.0 or 8.0

The best part of Safari is that it uses the same JAVA as Internet Explorer, but a second instance of it. You do not have to do wild JAVA stuff and double-browsing is superb. tumbsup.gif

FreecellFanny

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on December 10, 2009, 03:57:58 PM
You have to set it up so that you have DEVELOP on the Menu. You then choose a USER AGENT of Internet Explorer 7.0 or 8.0

The best part of Safari is that it uses the same JAVA as Internet Explorer, but a second instance of it. You do not have to do wild JAVA stuff and double-browsing is superb. tumbsup.gif

You had given me these instructions several months ago and it still didn't work. It might have something to do with Vista and my computer, I don't know. But I had tried it repeatedly and it just didn't "take."

FreecellFanny

Okay, I have it installed but I don't know where to get this DEVELOP thing. Help!!  panic button.gif

Joe C

Quote from: FreecellFanny on December 11, 2009, 07:59:48 AM
Okay, I have it installed but I don't know where to get this DEVELOP thing. Help!!  panic button.gif
I think it is located under OPTIONS. You need to check a box that says something like "Enable Developer".

Try this

http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/safaridevelop.htm

The only issue, and it is small, is that you have to click on DEVELOP\USER AGENT each time you start Safari, since Pogo does not "support" Safari. But Safari is smart enough to act like Internet Explorer when you are playing Pogo. giggle2.gif

The text of the instructions are:
Display the Develop Menu In Safari

Launch Safari, located at /Applications/Safari.

Open Safari's Preferences by selecting 'Safari, Preferences' from the menu.

Click the 'Advanced' tab labeled.

Place a check mark next to 'Show Develop menu in menu bar.'

The Develop menu will appear between the Bookmarks and Window menu items. The Develop menu is particularly handy for web developers, but casual users may also find the first two items extremely helpful in their daily browsing. The 'Open Page With' menu item lets you select any installed browser to reopen an open web page from within Safari. The 'User Agent' menu item lets you see how an open web page looks in a variety of Mac and Windows browsers and versions.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on December 11, 2009, 09:03:52 AM
I think it is located under OPTIONS. You need to check a box that says something like "Enable Developer".

Try this

The only issue, and it is small, is that you have to click on DEVELOP\USER AGENT each time you start Safari, since Pogo does not "support" Safari. But Safari is smart enough to act like Internet Explorer when you are playing Pogo. giggle2.gif

I just downloaded 4.04. It didn't ask for any plugins this time and it's working like a charm. As you said, I do have to go in each time and specify which I want, IE7 or IE8. But it's well worth the extra step. It's such a clean playing experience.

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 11, 2009, 09:50:59 AM
I just downloaded 4.04. It didn't ask for any plugins this time and it's working like a charm. As you said, I do have to go in each time and specify which I want, IE7 or IE8. But it's well worth the extra step. It's such a clean playing experience.
The best part of Safari is that when you close it, it CLEANS JAVA for the next time you open Safari.

I never use the "Clean Safari" function within Safari itself. I sometimes use the Java Console to delete temporary files and Internet Options to delete temporary files and history of websites visited.

As always, it pays to do Java and Internet Options once per day to clean out temporary files and to restart your computer once per day. This will lead to an enjoyable cheating experience.

There are only a few games that crash with Safari, but the crash is usually later. Battle Phlinx and Yahztee Party are two big offenders, although if you play Regular speed rooms with no Wilds, you might be able to run for 8 hours.

Stinkerbell

Thanks again, Joe. I'm  going to load it on the desktop (XP) and see if it works there. I'm still have problems with Java there. I have to load the web page, wait while it does its thing, then it closes saying Java not found or not working, then I load the game again and it works. I've uninstalled, reinstalled Java many times, but no other version will work but the older one.

FreecellFanny

Thanks Josie!  embrace.gif

I mess about with it when I land in Buffalo!  beer11.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview