PlayBuddy
June 05, 2024, 08:00:46 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Calling On Anybody With a Idea

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Here is the story.  I have a pc running Win 7 64 bit.  I have a laptop running Win 7 64 bit.  I run the autos on my laptop.  Now I have some autos that wont work on the laptop. for instance scrabble and Bingo Luau.  Been trying to figure out why for months.  SO just to see I downloaded trial versions of both those autos on the pc and they worked perfectly.  Now can anybody give me a idea as to why they work on the pc and not on the laptop. A pretend case of beer is the prize

gran2x2

My daughter  had same prob but reversed and the geek I use told her it's because pixel ratio is never exact and some machines just read pixel crap better than others.....I have no clue if that is true or not...

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gran2x2 on November 04, 2011, 03:51:29 PM
My daughter  had same prob but reversed and the geek I use told her it's because pixel ratio is never exact and some machines just read pixel crap better than others.....I have no clue if that is true or not...

That's exactly what I was going to say. I have the same problem, and there are just some that won't run on the desktop, and some that just won't run on the laptop.

smokyrain

Yeah I would say it has something to do with graphics card on either pc or laptop. Unless you have a gaming laptop or Alienware, you probably wouldn't have the greatest graphics card on the laptop.

PC's or laptops can be strange sometimes as too why things work on one and not the other. giggle2.gif

harley89

I have come to believe that you are correct and it is the graphics. I have the hard drive from my last pc. I have it enclosed in a hard drive enclosure and I used a usb cable and ran it on the laptop. Ran the auto from the old hard drive that worked and still the auto does not work on laptop.  Something is just off in regards to some of the autos when it comes to laptops.   

harley89

Guess I get my own pretend case of beer sorta of.  Just on a chance I did a factory restore and guess what the autos work.  It appears that over time something got changed and was blocking the autos. Now all I have to do is ask BH for a new link and a reset and pray that nobody over there starts kicking my  ass.gif

smokyrain

Thats cool you got it working. It is amazing how things work after a Factory restore sometimes.  cheesy.gif

Well enjoy your pretend case of beer  beer11.gif

harley89

harley89

I really wish I knew what changed on the laptop to stop some functions and programs not to operate.  The PC when I used the auto on it automatically changed to window 7 basic mode. The laptop now does the same thing it auto adjusts to run the auto.  Another thing I discovered was I could not turn off the touchpad(I hate touchpad give me a mouse) I  can now turn it off.  SO somewhere something went very wrong it is now right.

smokyrain

Sometimes its hard to pinpoint exactly what went wrong. That is why it is nice to be able to do factory restore or recovery

One time on my pc I could not use my keyboard anymore. Luckily I read google , and using Microsoft DART I was able to go into my registry before OS starts up and fix the registry key. Took me awhile to find that solution. Sometimes you can fix things, and sometimes its just easier to restore/recover image.

I still don't know what caused the change in the first place, as I had no virus/malware but something indeed changed it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview