PlayBuddy
June 09, 2024, 02:44:50 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

java issue

Started by ~buttercup~,

Previous topic - Next topic

~buttercup~

yesterday my java worked fine, today i can't play any games. i thought they said if your java works you don't have to do anything? will i need to download the new version, and does anyone have any problems with the new version of java or should i wait and see if pogo fixes the problem?

just don

Quote from: ~buttercup~ on June 18, 2012, 04:37:34 PM
yesterday my java worked fine, today i can't play any games. i thought they said if your java works you don't have to do anything? will i need to download the new version, and does anyone have any problems with the new version of java or should i wait and see if pogo fixes the problem?

I just checked, and I'm using version 6 and am having no issues. 1.63.031  tumbsup.gif

I'd say update and pray if you are having issues, it may correct them.

Good luck  tumbsup.gif

snap20

Running Version 7 Update 5 and have no issues here.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

C~M

I updated when Mayhem said Pogo was going to force us to use the latest version and then read later in the Pogo News that they said to update only if you were having problems and to make sure while you were on the Java site to delete your old versions because they can sometimes conflict with eachother.

Mayhem

Quote from: Crazy~Man on June 18, 2012, 07:54:29 PM
I updated when Mayhem said Pogo was going to force us to use the latest version and then read later in the Pogo News that they said to update only if you were having problems and to make sure while you were on the Java site to delete your old versions because they can sometimes conflict with eachother.

Yes, it's best to go to : Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove -OR- Programs and Features (depends what OS your running) and uninstall ALL Java versions listed in there.

Then go and download the latest version : http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

gran2x2

I updated when I saw the Pogo info and then I had problems with games loading so I went back to the old version 6 and everything works fine again...
I just did a system restore to the day b4 I installed the new java..much easier than doing uninstall etc...

MsMissy

I havent updated as of yet, cause my games in pogo are still playing.I still using old version 6 ,like gran is, so if i have any problems later then ill update . 

Joe C

I got the issue on the old computer, playing Bingo Luau. It took several attempts, but once I stopped trying to download Pogo's "suggested" link and instead went to the Sun Java page, I was able to update for Google Chrome. Sun knew that I was trying to update Google Chrome.

I have not had to update yet on the good computer in Chrome and I have not had to update yet for either Mozilla Firefox.

tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

just don

The simple fact is "java" is a roll back time issue for many pogo players. sad.gif

The rules all remain the same today. Clear the java files and folders first, always.

Try another browser if that fails.

Only update java as a last resort. panic button.gif

Many here can help with java issues. cheesy.gif

munch000

I updated to the new java but was having trouble with google chrome. I'm using my system restore (learnt it from here) to get back to my old java.
I just want to thank everyone who writes these tips . Everything I do with my computer,well I'm learning on my own-but with help from all of you.
Thanks ever so much

~buttercup~

thanks all for the info. i decided to wait before updating and checked today and it works so i didn't have to update yet. go figure. might still have to update later but at least i'll know what to do so thanks again everyone.

Blacklord4

swear2.gif i'm still having problems with version 7 update 5...not loading any games except the embedded games....java said i have the latest version.......does this this means i have to update all the javajava....i like the old way,its no wonder most peoples is losing interst in pogo...i have been playing over playtopia awhile.....must i wait till pogo get the issues fix before wednesday badge day ?

C~M

Quote from: Blacklord4 on June 30, 2012, 10:18:51 AM
swear2.gif i'm still having problems with version 7 update 5...not loading any games except the embedded games....java said i have the latest version.......does this this means i have to update all the javajava....i like the old way,its no wonder most peoples is losing interst in pogo...i have been playing over playtopia awhile.....must i wait till pogo get the issues fix before wednesday badge day ?

Why not revert back to the previous version that worked for you?

gran2x2

when I went to pogo this morning I got the "update java" pop up so I did...then nothing worked so AGAIN I did system restore to yesterday and went back to the 6/24 version and have no problems .....

I like to do system restore to avoid uninstall and re-install headaches and it's faster..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview