PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 05:56:10 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

WinMx

Started by TonySoprano,

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySoprano

Is there any way to set up WinMx3.53 to automatically filter out people who download but do not share files? Right now I have to block them manually but a lot of them still get by.

KittyKat

Ive looked all over WinMx for something like that and I can't find something to not share. What I do is allow 1 upload and then every so often when im downloading something click my uploads and cancel all that i see.

badcrazygirl

i don't think there is a download for that i think you go to settings or something if that don't help well idk sry

honeypyye

The Shared Files Tab lists all folders you are sharing...Just Unshare all the folders...=)

Super Duckie

usually if you don't share you have a harder time getting other things you want... So, share something...

honeypyye

I've never had a prob getting what I'm looking for...I use 3 diff progs and I hardly ever share.  Once in awhile I do...but not often...=)

Super Duckie

so your the one that always cancells me out, i see how it is ;)

honeypyye

HAHAHAHA...I do share mp3's...and a couple of progs...but I kinda have to be in the mood...especially if someone is on dial-up and it's gonna take 12 days and 23 hours for them to get what they need from me....LOL

TonySoprano

Quote from: Duckie Quackers on July 27, 2004, 06:12:44 AM
usually if you don't share you have a harder time getting other things you want... So, share something...
You guys didn't understand what I'm asking.. I want to share but just not to those who download files but don't share. I have thousands of files in my shared folder so I get a lot of downloaders.. Right now I have to manually do the whois thing to find out if they share files or not.

KittyKat

I rarely let people share and when some1 with 13.3k wants to download Bum Fights 2 the full version from me and its gunna take 2000 hours, I just cant wait that long.

honeypyye

Tony...as far as I know there is no setting to see if the person downloading from you is sharing or not...I guess you just have to take your chances.  Sorry...=(

Super Duckie

yea, there are none, no settings i mean for that

TonySoprano

Quote from: honeypyye on July 27, 2004, 04:32:32 PM
Tony...as far as I know there is no setting to see if the person downloading from you is sharing or not...I guess you just have to take your chances.  Sorry...=(
You can right click on their name and go to whois. If it says they have 0 shared files then that usually means they download them to a different folder than their shared folders so they don't have to share.. They should make an option where you can automatically block those people when they try to download from you.. That would make a good auto, I would buy it, call it MoochBlaster  :P

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview