PlayBuddy
June 10, 2024, 10:25:52 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Does anyone here have AutoIt?

Started by Head Cheater,

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Cheater

If you do how do you open it!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr.... driving me mad

DEBKARLAR

sean007

AutoIt isnt that easy to use, PM me I will to you how to get started!

Super Duckie

bigbear78

Quote from: TokenWhiteGuy on August 13, 2004, 08:25:06 AM
what is autoit? and what is it soppose to do?

This????

From http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

"AutoIt v3 is an opensource BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI.  It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys).

AutoIt was initially designed for PC "roll out" situations to configure thousands of PCs, but with the arrival of v3 it is also well suited to performing home automation and the scripting of repetitive tasks.

AutoIt can:

Provide a general-purpose scripting language 
Execute Windows and DOS executables
Simulate key-strokes (supports most keyboard layouts)
Simulate mouse movements and clicks
Move, resize and manipulate windows
Interact directly with "controls" on a window (set/get text from edit controls, check boxes and radio buttons, select items in drop-down lists, etc.)
Work with the clipboard to cut/paste text items
Work with the registry
Unlike AutoIt v2, the new v3 language has a much more standard syntax -similar to VBScript and BASIC - and now supports complex expressions, user functions, looping and everything else that veteran scripters would expect.

As with previous versions, AutoIt has been designed to be as small as possible (~80KB) and stand-alone with no external .dll files or registry entries required.  Scripts can also be compiled into stand-alone executables with Aut2Exe.

There will also be updates to the ActiveX and DLL versions of AutoIt called AutoItX3 - unlike v2 this will be a combined control (COM and standard DLL functions in the same DLL).  AutoItX3 will allow you to add the unique features of AutoIt to your own favourite scripting or programming languages! (AutoItX3 is currently in beta, the files can be downloaded here).

Best of all, AutoIt continues to be FREE - but if you want to support the time, money and effort spent on the project and web hosting then you may donate using the link to your left in the menu."

Head Cheater

You copied that right out of the help file didn't you? :'(

sean007

bigbear78

Quote from: Head Cheater on August 14, 2004, 05:48:46 AM
You copied that right out of the help file didn't you? :'(

No, I went to google.com and did a search for autoit.  Found the site I posted in my post above, and the info I copied is right from the site.  ;D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview