This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Club membership expired today...

Started by snap20,

Previous topic - Next topic

snap20

I'm going cold turkey.  tumbsup.gif Won't be reupping my club pogo membership at all.

I'll still check in...you know...for general convo and kelloggs points.  dancing16.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: snap20 on April 18, 2016, 06:25:18 PM
I'm going cold turkey.  tumbsup.gif Won't be reupping my club pogo membership at all.

I'll still check in...you know...for general convo and kelloggs points.  dancing16.gif

A lot of people are leaving pogo, and I can't blame them.

Squid

Quote from: snap20 on April 18, 2016, 06:25:18 PM

I have some years left due to the Scrabble/Subway contest otherwise I might be doing exactly what you're doing.  They had a sale last year of 50% off the membership fee, which might be tempting.  I hope to see you around the forum, SnipSnap.

gran2x2

Mine runs out in a couple months and I won't renew either..just did 6 months last time..just not into it any more and I have lost my 3 closest Pogo buddys this last year so the fun has kinda died for me without them. Gonna put a period and move on I think.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on April 19, 2016, 03:42:22 AM
I have some years left due to the Scrabble/Subway contest otherwise I might be doing exactly what you're doing.  They had a sale last year of 50% off the membership fee, which might be tempting.  I hope to see you around the forum, SnipSnap.

I see these sales, but it always says new members only. So I wonder if it's new members only, why they keep sending old members the email?

snap20

Yeah, my membership was exclusively paid for with coke rewards. I was too late to get in on the Subway deal. I still haven't put a penny of my own money into Pogo...any gems I got I got through surveys on the site. At the end I was only really playing Freecell anyway...and Windows comes with that...sooo. lol.

I doubt I'd even reup with 50% off. If they accepted coke points again, I would, but I doubt they'll do that. Oh well.

MsMissy

I myself will stay with Pogo for awhile as I have 6 more years of that Subway promotion. Also there are a few games I enjoy to play. Im sorry to see so many of you leaving after working so hard to get those badges. I hope to see you posting in here when you have time. I get such laughs at times.  hi11.gif   coffee.gif

snowflower

dancing16.gif  Yes I've noticed a decline in member participation too.
Some have left in simple frustration, some examples... Not being able to get games to load. Getting bumped and losing badges and awards. Plus many disappointing glitches. Also a lot of games going over to GEMS has taken its toll. In my humble opinion, Pogo is definitely lacking in interest for new ideas for adults. Yet is adept at pushing old badges we already have in color. I guess they think the 'newer versions' are supposed to be more interesting in simple black and white. (Maybe the graphic artist died)?

Seems like Pogo always has it's hand out. Unlike the rest of us, maybe they exist in a bottomless money pit. It's a shame, lots of things have really changed since 1991 when I first came onboard. I think it's mostly the same scenario on most game sites though .. they can't run for free ..

BUT Pogo could pay better attention to their site glitches, for sure. Today I'm onboard mostly through Subway so I'm here for at least another 15 years should I live that long, lol.  This being said, considering all the negativity, Pogo is still considered the top game site online.  I've been looking but I've yet to find one to outmatch it.... Touché!

snap20

snowflower, I've ragged on Electronic Arts (EA) in the past and that's where Pogo started going downhill...when they were bought by EA. EA is only in it for one thing, to make the maximum amount of money possibly for themselves and their shareholders. They don't give a damn about the customer or product, as long as it sells. This has been proven time and again. They were named the worst company two years in a row, after all.

Here's an interesting article on how they 'turned it around': http://www.cnet.com/news/how-electronic-arts-stopped-being-the-worst-company-in-america/

You'll notice it's about their video games, not other entities. Pogo is just a way to make money, that's it. They don't care to innovate (evidenced by the fact they buy games that others create, just put them on the site and charge more gems for them).

Anyway (off my soapbox). I got to uninstall Java! lol, that was the only site I used it for...so no more nagging updates and security holes. Woohoo!

snowflower

Quote from: snap20 on April 21, 2016, 03:39:19 PM

You'll notice it's about their video games, not other entities. Pogo is just a way to make money, that's it. They don't care to innovate (evidenced by the fact they buy games that others create, just put them on the site and charge more gems for them).

Anyway (off my soapbox). I got to uninstall Java! lol, that was the only site I used it for...so no more nagging updates and security holes. Woohoo!

That was quite the read, snap! Oh boy, it's a nasty world out there and we're all right in the middle of it. And on it goes...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview