PlayBuddy
June 08, 2024, 01:27:18 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Interesting discovery!

Started by PissedOffPumpkin,

Previous topic - Next topic

PissedOffPumpkin

Last week we were on holiday, and whenever I was waiting for hubby to be ready to go out, obviously I'd pogo. One day I was playing Match 'n Merge while hubby was checking emails, and he commented that the internet had gone down in the hotel. Match 'n Merge just kept on going through the outage - one level to the next, as if I were still online. So just now, when it was time for maintenance, I loaded Match 'n Merge. Guess what. It's continued to play through the maintenance closure.

I know other embedded games definitely stop working at the end of a level - Zuma's Revenge, for example. But this game doesn't care if you're offline, or if pogo is down.

Anyone know of other games that continue playing during maintenance?

Squid

Wow, I've never heard of this.  It seems to defy physics!

PissedOffPumpkin

It does, doesn't it? I'm ranked out, and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Doesn't seem like it would, but then again, since it doesn't make sense to begin with, who the hell knows!

Yoming 2

Quote from: PissedOffPumpkin on August 02, 2016, 04:38:31 AM
It does, doesn't it? I'm ranked out, and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Doesn't seem like it would, but then again, since it doesn't make sense to begin with, who the hell knows!

giggle2.gif

AustinBennett

I know there are games, such as the old Astroids which can be loaded here in the games section, that you can continue playing even after going off-line. The game function is loaded to your computer with all it's components. Whether this instance you describe is related in some way I don't know. As long as the cookies remain embedded and you haven't deleted them, the next time you log into Pogo and to that game, you're reconnected with the game's primary zone, which of course is Pogo.
I don't have any other explanation. Stuff just doesn't disappear and reappear again without some sort of connection or transportation of the subject at hand.

AustinBennett

I might add that after re-reading your post, had you shutoff your computer or rebooted, I see no way you could have maintained the game function. It would have to be reconnected again through Pogo.

PissedOffPumpkin

No reboot. I loaded the game just before the maintenance started, out of curiosity, after the outage. I bet your cookie explanation is correct, actually. Has to be some reason, and that, at least, sounds plausible. If you're around for the next maintenance, give it a go. I'm curious to know if it will continue for others. I'm in the UK, by the way, so maintenance happens at 10am for me. I'm always around for it.  tongue.gif

PissedOffPumpkin

Anyone who's on Pogo right now and doesn't want to sit out maintenance 8 minutes from now, this is the time to load Match 'n Merge. Keeps playing through maintenance.

For the love of Dawg, do NOT notify Pogo of this glitch. They don't like to fix issues that piss of their paying customers, but they're only too happy to jump on these glitches that are to our benefit.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview