PlayBuddy
June 13, 2024, 08:38:22 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bumfights

Started by KittyKat,

Previous topic - Next topic

KittyKat

Has anyone ever seen any of the Bumfights videos? my b/f is so obsessed with them he downloaded both of them and goes to their website like everyday to see if the 3rd is finished. I myself think they are very mean, but hey i guess thats what the people like.

Dream Faerie

Quote from: KittyKat on August 28, 2004, 11:19:44 PM
Has anyone ever seen any of the Bumfights videos? my b/f is so obsessed with them he downloaded both of them and goes to their website like everyday to see if the 3rd is finished. I myself think they are very mean, but hey i guess thats what the people like.

Pardon me for asking, but.. What the heck are Bumfights?  ???

KittyKat

its these 2 videos of these guys paying bums to fight each other and do other mean stuff. and then some other fights edited in there.

Super Duckie

Dream Faerie

Quote from: KittyKat on August 28, 2004, 11:35:56 PM
its these 2 videos of these guys paying bums to fight each other and do other mean stuff. and then some other fights edited in there.

OMG!! How cruel  >:(  Although, I know of 2 that I guess I wouldnt mind seeing duke it out. While having a cigarette outside University Of  Illinois Chicago Medical Center while my mom was having surgery for her cancer, this woman came up to me & asked if I had .50 Cents because she was .50 Cents short of  $2.00 to board the bus. I was kind & gave it to her at least $2.00 in change. (Prolly cuz I was upset & emotional at the time) My sister was at the other side of the doors smoking & the homeless/bum used the same line on her  >:D & what did my sister do? The same thing I did. Well later on I was on the phone telling my husband an update of the surgery & this woman comes up & taps me on the shoulder. I put up my index finger & said can you wait please? & this bum tapped me again SOOO hard too. She was asking for a cigarette, I just threw on at her. That same one got my sister too. Except this time my sister threw the whole pack at her & when the bum come back later asking for more & called her a witch with a capital "B" & said " You already got a whole pack from my sister, now quit stealing my taxes & get a real job like everyone else. My mom was released today & there was literally 6 family members helping her into the Explorer, but was that good enough for that same bum that took the cigarettes from my sister? Nooooo... She tried to help then demanded a tip  >:(  I finally said "Oh, I'm sorry, we forgot to give you a tip didnt we? She said yes you did. I said OK, here is your tip.. "Go get a newspaper & READ the want ads that will help you find a job where you can earn money the right way.. " I said" there...You got your "tip, now leave!!!"  :P

People can be so rude!

OK, I typed a novel lol. If you are still up at this hour (2AM here) then you are bored & you will read that whole friggin' thing lmao..

*~Kris

Barbara

Bumfights?  This is where homeless people who are down on their luck, many of whom are mentally ill, are even further more stripped of their dignity and are enticed to pummel each other for the amusement of those who have televisions and homes in which to view them.  When they get the crap kicked out them they have limited means to receive medical attention and they sleep alone and in pain.  The only thing I can think of that is worse than having no family, no food and no one to care for you is to be debased and injured for entertainment.  There is nothing more sad than a hurting human soul, except for someone who would wish to exploit them for a chuckle.  Many families in America are living from paycheck to paycheck and could be homeless in an instant.  Bruised and bleeding injured people who sleep close to a dumpster in the hope of a discarded, half eaten meal is NOT entertainment.  Anyone who invests money in this form of amusement needs to do a serious reality check and a lot of soul searching (to find their soul) and they need to think about what it is about this sort of absolute garbage that makes them watch.  Any person who has a relationship with such a person who gets off on this sort of thing should run, not walk out the door.  It is 100% pure sadistic garbage and nothing anyone can say will convince me otherwise.

bigbear78

Wow, I didn't know they were still around.

They were in a lot of legal trouble a couple years ago.

Most if those were done in the San Diego area (where I used to live) heck my friend was friends with the guy that started it.

BUT, I think what they did was wrong, but I think the lawyers that exploited (err defended) the homeless guy are the true losers (If you saw the trail you know what I mean)

DEBKARLAR

both my Brother and Uncle was homeless at one time  but niether one of them was "bums" .., I have volenteered at homeless shelters and 95% of the Men and Women there are just in need of help getting back on thier feet

Token Monster (iaMnafetS)

I saw one of those on the shelf at a gas station, thought the concept was pretty wierd.  No comments further than that lol.

Cubes

Thats pretty cruel yeah..... and token monster, i saw one in the gas station earlier today also.

PogoFiend

No one is holding a gun to the bums head. A camera crew comes up to them and offers money if they fight. I personally have not seen the tapes, but I bet they get pretty nasty. Anyone know how much money is given to the bums? If its a nice chunk like $100 dollars, then maybe they could use it to get their lives together. Although 90% of them probably use it for alocohol and drugs(which is probably why they are homeless in the first place). Its the American way, exploiting other americans is what we do best. Anything to make a buck. I would watch these tapes and probably enjoy them....BTW

Thisnamenottaken

No not holding a gun to their head but money which is something they dont have and need if they want to eat ..... same difference.... Either way its just plain cruel....

Homer

I don't find these tapes funny at all. Taking advantage of the unfortunate. Would you think it funny if the same person gave the person $5 to hit you with a 2x4? ???

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

PogoFiend

Quote from: Homer on September 22, 2004, 01:41:13 PM
I don't find these tapes funny at all. Taking advantage of the unfortunate. Would you think it funny if the same person gave the person $5 to hit you with a 2x4? ???
Would they be giving me $5 dollars also?

Super Duckie

Token Monster (iaMnafetS)

Quote from: PogoFiend on August 29, 2004, 03:13:02 PM
No one is holding a gun to the bums head. A camera crew comes up to them and offers money if they fight. I personally have not seen the tapes, but I bet they get pretty nasty. Anyone know how much money is given to the bums? If its a nice chunk like $100 dollars, then maybe they could use it to get their lives together. Although 90% of them probably use it for alocohol and drugs(which is probably why they are homeless in the first place). Its the American way, exploiting other americans is what we do best. Anything to make a buck. I would watch these tapes and probably enjoy them....BTW

I've heard that most of the time it's for very little money, or a sandwich.  But most are so desparate.  It's actually kind of sad because they end up hurt more than they started, it's almost like tricking them.  Meanwhile "bumhunter" is just amazing offensive to me, running and tackling random people, keeping them "hostage" for a couple days, and releasing them in a random location must be wretched for a person in that situation.  I think it's a terrible idea.  Go watch some of that backyard wrestling with all those idiots fighting each other with broken glass, at least they had an idea of what they were getting into. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview