PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 12:28:00 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

SCRABBLE & MONOPOLY Games Are Leaving Pogo

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

Hello Pogo players,

EA's rights to publish MONOPOLY and Scrabble games on Pogo.com are expiring and are being transferred back to Hasbro. EA is retiring MONOPOLY and Scrabble games on Pogo.com on July 31, 2018.

Starting July 31, 2018, you won't be able to play MONOPOLY or Scrabble games on Pogo.com. The rest of the Pogo games library will remain available to play.

List of affected titles:

MONOPOLY
MONOPOLY Slots
MONOPOLY The World Edition
Scrabble
Scrabble Sprint
All purchased Badges for MONOPOLY or Scrabble games will be auto-awarded to your account by August 28, 2018.

For additional information, please visit EA Help.

Thanks!

The Pogo Team

From: http://blog.pogo.com/service-update-scrabble-monopoly-games-are-leaving-pogo/

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

tvc

So do you think they will give us any rank badges that have not completed I just remembered why I am not done slots it takes forever lol

LittleFawn

Squid

I confess I won't miss the Monopoly games.  I enjoy Scrabble, though.   

Stinkerbell

Quote from: tvc on April 24, 2018, 06:09:07 PM
So do you think they will give us any rank badges that have not completed I just remembered why I am not done slots it takes forever lol

It's hard to say, with Pogo. I'll be checking badges though, and working on them.

MsMissy

I also wont miss Monopoly, but do like scrabble.

Mayhem

I'm assuming these games weren't popular enough for them to extend the license agreement with Hasbro?

Squid

I suppose so.  I don't know many people who liked the Monopoly and they kept coming up with different versions.  Scrabble was liked by people I know, although those in the UK couldn't play it or do those challenges.  Copyright laws, I s'pose.

C~M

I think they are all about making games that have in game purchases where we spend gems to play, just like the mobile apps for phones, etc. Why spend money to have games on Pogo when you can charge us to be Club members AND for every game as well??!!??

Squid

You're probably right but then Pogo is really letting go of the varied game image they have.  All the newest games are so similar... match 3, another golf solitaire, etc.  Those older games are the ones that give Pogo a wider platform, attracting different kinds of players.  I've thought EA has been shooting itself in the foot for a few years now.  If I didn't have Subway/Scrabble time coming to me, I might not continue with my membership.

Mayhem

I'm glad a lot of the classic games are on their to-do list. They need to start focusing on them.

Stinkerbell

I actually enjoy Perfect Pair Solitaire. I can't remember - is that on their facelift list, or their stick a fork in it list?

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on April 28, 2018, 01:19:25 PM
I'm glad a lot of the classic games are on their to-do list. They need to start focusing on them.
Me, too.  I hope they roll those out pretty soon.
Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 28, 2018, 01:50:26 PM
I actually enjoy Perfect Pair Solitaire.
I do, too.  Qwerty, too.  Shufflebump was good for a game once in a while, too.  Tumble Bees!  So many....

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 28, 2018, 01:50:26 PM
I actually enjoy Perfect Pair Solitaire. I can't remember - is that on their facelift list, or their stick a fork in it list?

No, it's currently not on their facelift list (it should be though).

gigi

did that frog game every go away?
I'll miss scrabble because it was a good token getter while I snooze the night away

Squid

Quote from: gigi on April 29, 2018, 07:13:44 AM
did that frog game every go away?
Greenback Bayou?  I think it's still there.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on April 29, 2018, 08:16:36 AM
Greenback Bayou?  I think it's still there.

Let's start a petition for an HTML5 version ... who's with me!

Squid

Mayhem