This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Extended Time Away

Started by LittleFawn,

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleFawn

I will be gone for awhile while my husband continues to recover from a stroke and now they found a tumor during a colonoscopy. The results from that will not be in till next week. I am exhausted from not sleeping much and am okay. I will keep you all updated as I find out more information. These past few weeks have been really hard as I am alone and I have a neighbor helping me care for our dog. I am disabled myself so I have needed help.

Squid

I am very sorry to hear all this, LF.  I hope all the reports are good and that he makes a speedy recovery.   Be sure to take care of YOU!

snowflower

angel19.gif
We'll be praying for him Little Fawn. As hard as it is, you really do need to get your rest, it's important. If you go down from exhaustion you will be worse off and so will he. I hope everything turns out on the positive side ... I know it must be hard. God's Blessings and keep us updated, ok.

Stinkerbell

Oh, Fawn, I'm so sorry to hear this.  Take care of yourself and accept all the help you can get. I'm sending prayers for both you and your husband!

LittleFawn

I am done with Pogo for awhile unfortunately. Hubby is home from rehab but our roles have been reversed. He needs more care and by the end of the day I am wiped out and it will be even more responsibility when he starts on whatever treatment for his colon cancer.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LittleFawn on April 22, 2022, 08:17:17 AM
I am done with Pogo for awhile unfortunately. Hubby is home from rehab but our roles have been reversed. He needs more care and by the end of the day I am wiped out and it will be even more responsibility when he starts on whatever treatment for his colon cancer.

If you need any Pogo help, let us know. I, and others, are willing to help!!
And you'll continue to be in my prayers.  embrace.gif

LittleFawn

I am just going to quit Pogo for now. Have no interest in it now. Hubby needs most of my attention and by the end of the day I am just to tired to do anything else.

LittleFawn

Hubby had a pet scan yesterday and the cancer is only in his colon. It has not spread.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LittleFawn on May 07, 2022, 02:38:44 PM
Hubby had a pet scan yesterday and the cancer is only in his colon. It has not spread.

WONDEFUL news!!!!!!!! Thank you for updating us!!!   

Squid

Quote from: LittleFawn on May 07, 2022, 02:38:44 PM
Great news!  You must be relieved to hear this!

S1lent

Hi,
I feel your pain.  My first heart attack was 16 May 1999...that resulted in two stents.  Second was 1 Jan 2000...Happy New Years...that resulted in another stent.  I was good (somewhat) until September 2012 third heart attack and another stent. The people at the Emergency Room said, "Oh not you again", JK...although the technician said if I don't make it can I have your boots, they look really nice...I said sure.  Things were good till the Radical Prostatectomy two years ago in April.  Heck I didn't think I would make it to 75 and 1/2 years old.

Take care
S1lent aka Ken #2

Admin: For safety and privacy, Pogo names removed.

LittleFawn

Just an update. Hubby is scheduled for surgery on July11. He has a surgical evaluation on June 30. He will be having two resections of his colon. He has a tumor on the left side and right side so there is a need for the two resections.

Squid

Oh, my, you must be so worried.  The good news is that they are putting off the surgery for 3 weeks, that says something.  You'll be in our thoughts, LF, tell your hubby.

LittleFawn

Hubby had his surgery on the 15 of this month. He was in the ICU for two days. This was because of low blood pressure and his oxygen levels were not recovering like they should. He was discharged yesterday. They removed his whole colon. The two tumors were removed successfully.

Stinkerbell

Thank you for the update. I've been thinking about you a lot and I thought about reaching out to see how you're doing but I didn't want to be a pest.

It sounds like it was a pretty major surgery, and I'm sorry for that. That it was necessary.

Will he be on a colostomy bag now? I have a friend who just went through a surgery and had all kinds of trouble and she has a bag now. She's adjusted really well to it.

Thank you again for the update. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery for your husband.

LittleFawn

No colostomy bag for him. He does although have to make more frequent bathroom trips.

Squid

I'm glad to hear this ordeal is behind him, LF.  I'm sorry it happened but am glad he's on the road to recovery.  Give him our best wishes.

LittleFawn

Hubby has been having issues and I have not been here that much. He had an upper gi bleed and he was on two blood thinners and that also made him bleed. He is only on Aspirin now which he tolerates lots better. Also he has a really bad iron deficiency which now he is anemic. He just got out of the hospital on Saturday because of this. I am extremely drained and just plain out worn out. Life for me has drastically changed. I am only 55 and feel like my hubby's age which is 67.

Squid

Hang in there, LF.  It will get better once he adjusts to everything and his medication.  Did they put him on Ferrous Sulfate for the anemia?  I wish you both well.  Get your rest and little by little it will all improve.

Stinkerbell

I ditto Squid - hang in there. Do you have any close friends or family nearby who can help out by giving you a break? The care giver needs as much help and support as the care needer.

embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview