PlayBuddy
June 04, 2024, 09:33:54 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

jigsaw detective

Started by support the troops,

Previous topic - Next topic

DevilDog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jigsaw Detective is a jigsaw puzzle game with a hard-boiled paperback theme - a bit edgier than the typical Pogo game. The tone of the game is moody and enigmatic - it presents the gritty side of life on the streets of a big city.

That's where I come in. I'm your narrator - the jigsaw detective. Some say I'm the best there is. Every month, I'll be bringing you another caper from my case files. Let's see if you can help me put the pieces together and add another badge to your collection.

The basic gig is a snap. Just put two puzzle pieces together, rinse and repeat. Eventually, the rest of the story will fall into place. When all the pieces of the puzzle are together, you'll earn some tokens for completing the job plus a bonus for your moxie.

Along the way, you'll unlock "Clue" images. Completing a "Clue" image will reveal the next plot point in the story. Each case is composed of six story segments and five "Clue" images. Between each plot point, you'll have to "hit the streets" - paying your dues to earn your scratch. The puzzles you'll play while your "hitting the streets" will come from the closed case archive and the finished clue images for the current story. When you finish the last clue image, you will learn the solution to the crime and earn a badge.

For each puzzle you solve, you'll earn a Jackpot Spin and some case progress. You can refer to the progress meter on the puzzle selection screen to see how close you are to the next clue image and the end of the case. The next clue image is always marked in red on the meter. At the end of each game, the progress meter will show you how much progress you earned for completing the puzzle. When you play on the higher difficulty level, you'll make progress much faster.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like I was saying, the basic gig is pretty simple. You just need patience and a keen eye.

There's also an area for the score, but likewise - if you're the "high-rolling" sort - you might find the working stiffs life a little dull. You're not going to get rich playing this game. You'll score tokens for each piece that you place - it increases by the level of difficulty, but it's always the same for every image. Try not to spend it all in one place.

Now for those of you who are here because you've heard there are badges in this game, that's true. But there ain't no rank, challenge or secret badges to be found - there's one a month, that's all. You can earn them anytime after they're released, but not a moment sooner.

You can work on a case for as long as it takes you to finish. Your case progress and the state of your last puzzle will be saved for the next time you play.

GandalfGrey

Adacia

Tyvm for the info. Sounds kinda kewl but then I like puzzles lol.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview