This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Turbo 21 HD : Get 180 21's this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How to Open a Jar Lid in One Second

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

minimarshs

That is excellent, thanks for posting!

I have honey bees, and I am always collecting jars and their lids for future bottling.  Usually the lids I get are pretty banged up from all the thumping from the traditional method of tapping the crap out of the lid with a knife, and need to be replaced. You know the method I mean. I am wondering if the lids maintain their freshness integrity with this method. 

I will report back when I figure it out.

Mayhem

I have yet to try it myself, but I think this would work great on jars of jam. They always seem the toughest to open up.

Squid

I've seen something like this before where you can use a can opener in the same way.  Use the side of the can opener that you would as if you were opening a bottle of beer.  Don't use the pointy side that is used for puncturing cans.  Just lift the engaged opener a tiny bit, you will see/hear the vacuum seal break and can open the jar.  Just another way of performing the same function.  I tried it once and it worked.

snowflower

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on June 01, 2024, 11:41:25 AMI've seen something like this before where you can use a can opener in the same way.  Use the side of the can opener that you would as if you were opening a bottle of beer.

Oh, I'm going to try that as well!

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview