This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Chat

Started by Bizach0620,

Previous topic - Next topic

Bizach0620

Anyone having a problem getting into the chat?  I have tried like 5 times.  Anyone know how I fix this?

fatkid

If you know how to use IRC you can try logging into the network and chatroom manually...
Its just on irc.teenirc.net in the room #pchelp...
Seems like the website has been running slow... It could just be me but if teenirc.net is down then mabye klau's server is having some lag on it right now...
Any of the admins know?

admin

teenirc.net runs on compleletly different servers than PogoCheats.net. What happens there has no effect on us, and vice versa.

I did notice the forum was a little slow this mourning, but everything seems as fast as usual now.

admin

Quote from: Bizach0620 on January 09, 2004, 10:24:50 AM
Anyone having a problem getting into the chat?  I have tried like 5 times.  Anyone know how I fix this?

What exactly happens when you try to connect? (Or do you even get that far?) Remember that you need to click "yes" when the security warning comes up. Or, like fatkid said, you can just an IRC chat program if you have one.

I'm in the chat right now so I know the server isn't down.

Bizach0620

Ok it says Connecting
Unable to connect to server
connection closed
connecting

And so on I let it do it about 5 times.

admin

Do you have any firewalls?

What browser are you using?

fatkid

Ooops... My bad...
I thought they were all on the same server... Seems like the board is running for me just fine now.... So no worries for me... :)

Bizach0620

admin

Try disabling the firewall and then connecting.

Bizach0620

fatkid

Bizach...
Not sure exactly for the java IRC client but I know on software based irc clients you need to have ports 6667-6670 for 90% of all networks to be able to connect and chat on your computer...

badcrazygirl

in the topics i can only see a lil bit it got smaller? on me i was like woah what happened.

admin

Did you accidently change the tezt size on your browser? If you use IE go into View > Text Size > and then change in to medium.

badcrazygirl

anothername

okay before yesterday to get into chat i had to clean all cookies, temp files, and history, and then on occassion i would come in under some other name then the name i typed in... now even when i do all that it will not let me in... it just sits there i don't even see the blue information that usually comes up.. then it says unable to connect to server if i sit there for 5 mins.  any suggestions?

ronandamee1

You could try to download an actual irc and go in through a channel. This on has a thirty day trial on it. http://jasoncox.ca/. It worked for me. Although it seems like this guy is pretty hated here(for good reason). You could also try mirc which you can find for yourself on google.

BTW The network is /server irc.villageirc.net
        The room is     #pchelp

anothername

okay i will try... (although i am blonde so we will see how well that works out)

fatkid

The name problem probably has something to do with someone else taking the nick before you... Also if someone registers that nick, I don't think you can have it either... (With mIRC, it will ask you to type in your password for the nick, but it just won't give it to you on the web-based java irc client)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview