This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Do you consider this...

Started by Scarlett,

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlett

I was curious.  I know how Pogo views our using the glitches/hints/autos, but I was wondering how do you view it?

Are we cheating because we use these things?  We're not winning the prizes because of these programs, so we aren't taking away anything from anyone, so I'm curious why all the hate about this stuff?   I know there are a lot of people who get pleasure out of just causing trouble, but with most games on the market today their are codes/guides/cheats and you don't hear the game manufacturers calling foul about it.

So does anyone know what Pogo's gripe is about this?   I can understand the people who hack the programs to get extra things/badges etc that's criminal, but just running an auto to win meaningless tokens and badges...

chetta

as long as there will be games, there will be cheats
always have been cheats, codes, hacks, what ever you want to call em for any computer game
some people chose not to use them, they say it takes away from the game, i have always liked them
even though it took me a year to complete zelda 1 on the first Nintendo with no cheats,  before we all had  personal computers you could buy books, and i bet you still can...  btw i can play that game with my eyes closed and win it i played it so many times ;D

Scarlett

LOL Chetta thanks for the reply:)   
I just wondered why Pogo had such a high horse about it when they are connected to or are Electonic Arts and I have seen few to zero games done by them that didn't have some kind of code/cheat/gameshark code or guide that was sold for it.  Not to mention the much hated 1-900 help/hint lines that they charge customers for.
I'm just assuming here, but if they were making the autos and selling them do you think there'd be the same complaints? :)

OldTurtle

Quote from: Scarlett on December 21, 2004, 03:46:41 AM
I was curious.  I know how Pogo views our using the glitches/hints/autos, but I was wondering how do you view it?

Are we cheating because we use these things?  We're not winning the prizes because of these programs, so we aren't taking away anything from anyone, so I'm curious why all the hate about this stuff?   I know there are a lot of people who get pleasure out of just causing trouble, but with most games on the market today their are codes/guides/cheats and you don't hear the game manufacturers calling foul about it.

So does anyone know what Pogo's gripe is about this?   I can understand the people who hack the programs to get extra things/badges etc that's criminal, but just running an auto to win meaningless tokens and badges...

When Pogo gives me every token I earn in Turbo 21 and other games, I'll stop using cheats and glitches.

kjackson43

i know this is an old post but i know the exact reason pogo hates cheats. The money grubbers haven't ound a way to get the money from the cheats and autos that we pay for to the good people of pogocheats.net. i think therer is nothing wrong with using them of course i dont' want to get banned from my pogo account but hey thats a chance it take everytime i turn on thunderpopper or any of the other wonderful autos they make and sell here. 8)

Jeffer

I posted this a while ago.. 

Quote from: Jeffer on June 20, 2005, 02:22:23 PM
Think about it.  EA has had some legal bills and needs some cash flow to cover them.

What is their most reliable source of income?  I'd bet it is Pogo Club Members.

What percentage of Pogo Club Members use autos to some extent?  I'd guess it is more than they'd like to admit.

What is the cost of auto users to EA?  Nothing.  Auto users do not impact their cash outflow.  I'm not going to go over this in detail, but trust me, they don't.

So what is the benefit to EA for banning Club Members that use autos?  None.  In fact they'd lose money by doing so.

However, they have to make some consession to those members who scream about auto users.  Due to their clauses against auto use, they are able to deny many of their payments, thus decreasing their costs...

Is it any wonder that their policy is normally, "Deny Payment, but don't Ban?"

Capt. Morgan

Actually auto users SAVE pogo money.
Ok, lightning strikes and someone wins the $1784 jackpot.
They audit and say you were using an auto!  (shame on you)
The jackpot is reset to $ 50 dollars, and the accused auto player gets Nothing.
Where does the other money go?
Does that games Jackpot get reset to $1784 ??  NO
It goes back to $50 to screw someone who is not running an auto the chance to win a big prize.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview