Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Double Browser Trick

Started by soupsportz,

Previous topic - Next topic

soupsportz

Homer

I am assuming you have IE. Netscape and IE work well. Get Netscape at www.netscape.com

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

soupsportz

Ty, I tried FireFox and it did'nt work, can you sing in twice w/ your own name?

Homer

bob@pogopal

And it must be different jvm's. Make sure you have IE set up to use the MS jvm and Firefox setup to use the Sun jvm.

soupsportz

I got netscape, but can my screen name for pogo be in the same game playing myself?

Homer

soupsportz

I don't want to pay another $30 for a new sn, darn

bob@pogopal

Santa69

Quote from: BadgeHelpBob on December 23, 2004, 03:51:26 PM
And it must be different jvm's. Make sure you have IE set up to use the MS jvm and Firefox setup to use the Sun jvm.

I don't think this true anymore, I download Firefox and updated to the new Sun Java and I have IE and Netscape and Firefox set up to use it and I have had 3 different sn's on at the same time with no problem's.

AttaGirl42

I use Smart Explorer as my second browser and it seems to work good. It's only a trial version, but it's good for 30 days, but I discovered that means 30 days of use. So, I only use it for badges I need to get for rated games and etc

I also like it because I can do 4 pogo users and I didn't have to go and configure any java. I simply downloaded Smart Explorer, then saved Pogo's main page to their favorites on Smart Explorer and then open it each time and sign in a username till I have all four entered in. For someone that gets mixed up easily...LOL.... this is a great browser to use for badges and etc.

I know others use Netscape also, but I've never tried it. I may get brave one day and give it a whirl.  :o

GlitchLover

Im downloading netscape now .Im on aol dial-up w/ IE. Will I be able to play myself in Canasta ? I dont know anything about doing Double browser trick. :-\

drgnwrrr4onyx

ok this has had my curiosity for some time about the double browsers so i gotta ask can i run 2 auto's at the same time with 2 browsers?

realmanonlyone

Can we get badges off other sn too by playing against ourself?

Santa69

Quote from: drgnwrrr4onyx on December 23, 2004, 11:23:22 PM
ok this has had my curiosity for some time about the double browsers so i gotta ask can i run 2 auto's at the same time with 2 browsers?

I have been able to run wcs,sweet tooth,pop it,video poker all at the same time. You have to set your screen as small as it will go, start each game and auto then pause the auto's till alll the games are ready. They do run choppy and slow with each of the auto's fighting for the mouse. But it can be done

OldTurtle

Quote from: BadgeHelpBob on December 23, 2004, 03:51:26 PM
Is this true also if using IE 6 and netscap 7.2 at the same time?  How do I change java in Netscape?

brokenhearted

I have done this since finding this trick here on your site, but since windows downloaded new updates, I now have a pop up blocker on IE...I have tried to go to options and uncheck blocker, but I still get the you have a blocker installed, any way I can do this so I can go into the card rooms and play? I have even gone through the hassle of adding sites allowed, and it still isn't working. Thanks so much...
Oh and a Very Merry Christmas To Everyone.
(And Bob, thanks again so much!!!!)

Moksha

Quote from: brokenhearted on December 24, 2004, 06:47:50 AM
I have done this since finding this trick here on your site, but since windows downloaded new updates, I now have a pop up blocker on IE...I have tried to go to options and uncheck blocker, but I still get the you have a blocker installed, any way I can do this so I can go into the card rooms and play? I have even gone through the hassle of adding sites allowed, and it still isn't working. Thanks so much...
Oh and a Very Merry Christmas To Everyone.
(And Bob, thanks again so much!!!!)

You should be able to just completely disable the popup blocker all together. I'm not currently on XP SP2, however if memory serves, Tools - Pop Up Blocker - Turn off popup blocker.

I'm also pretty sure SP2 allows the Control part. Just hit and hold Control when you need the popup and it allows it through. (Allthough I'm not completely positive that will work for that.)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview