PlayBuddy
June 15, 2024, 09:45:47 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Trojan Horse.....

Started by theoneandonly,

Previous topic - Next topic

theoneandonly

Has anyone heard of 'Trojan Horse' ?????

My Dad  keeps getting a message on his PC it says something like .....Trojan Horse.... someone is trying to access your PC..... click here to see who is trying to access your PC..
What is Trojan Horse???

Any help would be greatly appreciated  :)

Homer

It's a type of virus I suggest you scan your pc immediately.

You can scan it free at this site http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Here's the official definition of a Trojan Horse

A destructive program that masquerades as a benign application. Unlike viruses, Trojan horses do not replicate themselves but they can be just as destructive. One of the most insidious types of Trojan horse is a program that claims to rid your computer of viruses but instead introduces viruses onto your computer.
The term comes from the a Greek story of the Trojan War, in which the Greeks give a giant wooden horse to their foes, the Trojans, ostensibly as a peace offering. But after the Trojans drag the horse inside their city walls, Greek soldiers sneak out of the horse's hollow belly and open the city gates, allowing their compatriots to pour in and capture Troy.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

theoneandonly

Thank you Homer !! Will do...

What will it do to a PC -??

Homer

It could severely damage your pc. If you don't have an anti virus program I suggest you get one. It is better to be safe than sorry.

If you can't afford one of the better programs you can get a free one at www.grisoft.com

They have a free version of AVG anti virus. O0

You should also protect your pc with a firewall. If you use windows XP it comes with one. If not I think Zone Alarm still offers a free version. ;)

theoneandonly

Thank you Homer
Dad has Norton Anti Virus - But I don't think it is on Auto protect?? sorry to sound like a dummy...
I think he has to turn it on each time he logs on...
Mine is on Auto ,, How do you turn Norton AV on to auto?  ;)

Homer

theoneandonly

2004 - we brought the PC 2 months ago.... XP2004

Homer

Go to the link below. It should help. O0

Norton FAQ

Actually I just realized this is the FAQ for Windows 98 but check it out anyways the interfaces usually don't change much. If you still have trouble open Norton and go to the help section and search the programs database for auto scan or how to configure info. O0

theoneandonly

drgnwrrr4onyx

again i learned something new by reading lol i thought a trojan horse was what that guy rides on the commercials :P ty

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

just to add something to what homer said about Windows XP having a firewall make sure you have service pack 2 because if not it doesn't have a firewall.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview