PlayBuddy
June 05, 2024, 01:50:29 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Moved over to new server successfully

Started by admin,

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

We have successfully moved over to a new server. There was only a shot period of several hours that we were down, rather than the expected 2 days.  :)

There was no data lost from the move.

I would also like to take the time in this post to thank our old host, Klaue. Klaue has always been there to help us. He was also great when we were dealing with P, and never turned his back on us. Thanks, and farewell Klaue. We wish you the best.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Element

ya when i herd the site was going to be down two days i was pretty bummed but it doesnt seem like you were down long at ALL  ;) ( i like the buttons)

Mayhem

The new website is finished!

Just waiting for the webdesigner to send me a Einvoice (so i can pay for it) and we'll have a completely new look by the end of this week.

Just want to thank everyone again for last months donations, it really helped our site.

With the donations we recieved, we have spent it on :

a) Pre-paid for 1 year of webhosting.

b) Hired a professional webdesigner in australia to design our new page.

c) any ideas???
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Element

Quote from: Mayhem on February 24, 2004, 10:49:10 PM
With the donations we recieved, we have spent it on :

a) Pre-paid for 1 year of webhosting.

b) Hired a professional webdesigner in australia to design our new page.

c) any ideas???

c) a round of whiskey for everybody
lol, congrats on the site

Mayhem

lol thank you!

shipping costs would probably be more the the alcohol itself.

were really excited about having a "real website" ..

we will still have the forum, but with 600,000+ hits/month ..

it's just not good enough (by itself) anymore heh

fatkid

What additional uses do you plan on having for a full website?  The MB seems to sufice (IMO) for its purposes... Are you planning on doing something totally new and different on the full page that the MB can't encompass? ???

Mayhem

Would be nice to have the latest news, downloads and such on the main page.

Some people don't like comming to a site where they are "required" to sign up in order to find out whats going on (i'm one of them). heh

fatkid

Would also be nice to have more development going on to comment on...  :-\ Though I know your not in charge of stuff like that... Maybe if DJ ever showed up again we could start doing some more advanced delevopment in VB on some programs for P...

DJ come back!!! Let's develop! ;)

Mayhem

absolutely ..

i'm going to try and get some sort of php applet that will allow the developers of autos access to add "latest news" to our page so we can have updates on whats happening.

From pogopal.com :

Update: World Class Solitaire has now been officially started. Will let you know on a target date for completion and release.

I've hired a special mathematician to make the algorithms needed for Frecell. Will keep you updated on the progress on that.

admin

Quoteabsolutely ..

i'm going to try and get some sort of php applet that will allow the developers of autos access to add "latest news" to our page so we can have updates on whats happening.

I have actually been working on something like this that would make it easier to submit news just by using a webbrowser. You simply enter the password and then you will have access to a news submission form.  This could be used for exactly what you are talking about.

Sounds like a great idea if the devolpers are intersted.

ImRicherThanUAll

cool,i didnt even know the cite was down lguess i wasnt on when it went down lol

Element

Quote from: Mayhem on February 24, 2004, 11:02:33 PM
we will still have the forum, but with 600,000+ hits/month ..

wait.. this sites getting 600,000+ hits a month?? why does the stats only show 100,000+

<didnt sombody say somthing like this in some other topic?>

Homer

For some reason those stats are wrong. I believe one of the other admins explained that.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Element

600,000 seems high though for only 2000+ members, but hey more power to the site  ;)

Mayhem

yea i thought that too .. (till i checked the logs). We get ALOT of hits from people that dont bother to sign up either.

Thats why were are getting a "real website" so we don't force the users to sign up in order to find out whats happening.

Element

Quote from: Mayhem on February 27, 2004, 04:22:26 PM
We get ALOT of hits from people that dont bother to sign up either.

i dont get why people post under "guest" why not just get an account?

admin

From the site FAQ:
I've seen some posts that are by "guests". I thought you needed to register to post or view the forum?
Any posts that show up as "guest" were posted by registered members that later have had their account deleted, most likely because they have been banned. Guests cannot post or view the forum.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview