This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol Fans

Started by Kelly,

Previous topic - Next topic

nichole9180

I think Carrie is the best out of all of them. I don't like everyones fav Con. I thought when he did queen a few weeks ago he sounded terrible but did much better this week. I do believe Bo or Con will win though most likely Bo though. My thoughts on why he is going to win is silly but seems to be a pattern.. White girl (Kelly) black guy (Ruben) black girl (how every u spell her name fan......) so now a white guy. I do think scott also sounds good most of the time but he is no Idol,and why in gods name is that anthony still there he should have went instead of Anwar.
As for the judges I want sooo badly to punch Paula in the head or would love to hear Simon say" what in the heck do u know look at some of the songs you sang, go barf up something" She never lets him talk i hate that he cant say anything without her saying no no no your wrong. But he isnt wrong he knows what he is talking about and she sugar coats everything. Ugh and i wish Randy would lose his voice i'm so sick of 4 seasons of YO YO DOG or Yo man ugh learn a new phrase.
I was also watch Nashville star dont quite understand bret there though lol or why he is turn country???? cant make it as a rocker anymore??? anyway go erika jo!!!!!!!

Motley

Quote from: nichole9180 on April 21, 2005, 08:09:37 PM
I think Carrie is the best out of all of them. I don't like everyones fav Con. I thought when he did queen a few weeks ago he sounded terrible but did much better this week. I do believe Bo or Con will win though most likely Bo though. My thoughts on why he is going to win is silly but seems to be a pattern.. White girl (Kelly) black guy (Ruben) black girl (how every u spell her name fan......) so now a white guy. I do think scott also sounds good most of the time but he is no Idol,and why in gods name is that anthony still there he should have went instead of Anwar.
As for the judges I want sooo badly to punch Paula in the head or would love to hear Simon say" what in the heck do u know look at some of the songs you sang, go barf up something" She never lets him talk i hate that he cant say anything without her saying no no no your wrong. But he isnt wrong he knows what he is talking about and she sugar coats everything. Ugh and i wish Randy would lose his voice i'm so sick of 4 seasons of YO YO DOG or Yo man ugh learn a new phrase.
I was also watch Nashville star dont quite understand bret there though lol or why he is turn country???? cant make it as a rocker anymore??? anyway go erika jo!!!!!!!

Paula does deserve a slap at times but I figure she'll get one sooner or later.  Randy, I tune him out and will continue to do so until he learns some proper english.  Simon, I love him and no matter what the voters say, the guy knows what he is talking about.  No matter who wins, if Bo puts out a CD, I'll buy it.  As for Nashville Star and Bret Michaels, his roots are heavily influenced in country.  It is something he has wanted to do for a long time and actually did do back in 2000 on his Country Demos CD.  I met him a couple of years ago after a Poison concert and again after a solo show in Wantaugh, NY, the guy is fantastic.  Although, he'll need to break away from the country scene next year when Poison gears up for their 20th year concert tour.  Am I really that old?   >:D

Kelly

I totally agree that Anwar should still be there(hes prolly signing a record deal as we speak anyway...good voice)....I thought for sure Anthony or Scott (even tho I like Scott) would get the boot....big shocker!
I also tivo the show and fast forward to the good spots.....I think too that one of the rockers will win this year....they are soooo popular!!
I can't however even try to predict which one it will be.....they are both very cute!!

I think Vonsell did the Shaka-chan song excellent.....shes got a power house of a voice....where Carrie has the very pure vocals...Does anyone else miss Jessica Sierra....I do....I thought she had a very strong voice too....sad to see her go.

PrincessKate

I agree about Jessica Sierra.  I liked her, too, and I didn't think she was anywhere near the worst when she was voted off. 

I like Scott's voice, but I don't like him.  He needs to learn how to accept criticism.  I really think that he is still there only because of his background sob story.  He sold people the minute he said, "And my daddy said I'd never amount to anything....".  It's the same thing with Anthony.  I think Anthony has an incredible voice, but he lacks stage presence.  He endeared himself to the voters with his amazing story of his recovery when they never thought he would talk, let alone sing.

If we didn't get the backstory, would those 2 still be around?

Motley

Quote from: PrincessKate on April 22, 2005, 03:54:57 AM
I agree about Jessica Sierra.  I liked her, too, and I didn't think she was anywhere near the worst when she was voted off. 

I like Scott's voice, but I don't like him.  He needs to learn how to accept criticism.  I really think that he is still there only because of his background sob story.  He sold people the minute he said, "And my daddy said I'd never amount to anything....".  It's the same thing with Anthony.  I think Anthony has an incredible voice, but he lacks stage presence.  He endeared himself to the voters with his amazing story of his recovery when they never thought he would talk, let alone sing.

If we didn't get the backstory, would those 2 still be around?

I'd say No to Scott but Anthony Maybe....only because Anthony's looks appeal to teenyboppers.  I don't want to get the Scott lovers mad but I'm sorry, I can't stand his attitude.  I've tried to get over it but I can't.  Does anyone remember the beginning of the season when they narrowed the field down to a few hundred and paired them off into groups of three?  Scott took off and left his two partners unable to practice for the next day's audition?  He had a rant about he didn't come here to be grouped with other people, he came here to perform by himself.  That did it right there, sorry buddy, wrong attitude, he should of been booted then.  All I can say is his sob stories won't pull on heartstrings for long, all one needs to do is look into his eyes.  The eyes don't lie...he's about as sincere as a snake.  I wish they'd stop comparing Anthony to Clay, he is nothing like him. Clay grew as a singer and performer as the competition went on...I have yet to see any growth in Anthony. 

IndianLover

Quote from: PrincessKate on April 21, 2005, 07:55:25 PM
I just have one question...

Why the heck are Scott and Anthony still there?!?

I agree with you totally i surely thought that one of them was out this week i was disappointed when i saw they got "saved". Last week i voted for Bo i think he did good but i cannot say i have one favorite. I listen to the songs they choose and how they perform every week to make my determination of who i like for that week. I think there has been some voted out that shouldn't have been but oh well that will happen. Hagd all....

JohnsBeth

I'm a big fan of the show and we have watched every episode since show 1 season 1.  I think the biggest problem with the wrong people being voted off is the way the voting is done.  Should be 1 vote per phone # and should be voting for who should go, not who should stay.  This way, who ever has the most fans or relatives, or whatever can get tons of people to vote multiple times, no matter how much they stink.  Remember the redheaded kid from last season??  He stayed wayyyyyy longer than he should have, because he had lots of people who voted for him no matter how bad he was.

Oh, and Bo gets my blood going every single time.  Con is good looking, but a bit too boyish for me.  Bo is dark and hot.

PrincessKate

lmfao @ "manthrax".  Is that copyrighted, or can anyone use that term?   ;D

jvbs,

I like the "voting for who should go" idea.  Too bad they didn't think of it 3 seasons ago.  I'm sure they wouldn't change things now.  If it ain't broke.....

Motley

It should be based on who should go, it would make my decision making much easier.   

texan

Vocals? Constantine has vocals?...dam i should pay more attention to more than just his looks lol.....I still think he's the best male..scott is good too..but not as good

Kelly

Yes I agree Scott has an attitude....I dunno why I am rooting for him...I just is....underdog lover....he was a little bit better with his attitude this week...someone must of told him to chill out dooooooggggg....lol.He's definately gonna go home soon tho...he's just not the greatest singer plain n simple.I'm thinking it's gonna come down to a battle of the rockers....cause everyone loves them so much....too bad for the girls cause they are both the best voices on the show right now.

CaliPogoBabe

heeellloooo everyone    ;)    missed ya.  been gone 4 a few days.  glad 2 be back on the AI topic!!    O0

barb my dear - you crack me up!!!!  don't worry i will not post anymore pics like this.... 

oh my, oh my - cold shower time with that pic.... 

hope that you enjoyed that one lookin at ya!!!!   ;)

ya know i am just so smitten with him, and it is not that he is even the best singer on this season, but he is just so darn sexy, he works the stage, picks good songs, and has the "X" factor in my eyes, and is different and i love his voice!!!! 

i always have picked my favs usually within the first week or so, and i stay with that, might add one or two as the season progresses, but i go by who i like, not the favs, but so happens that my favs are usually the popular one's.  like this year, i loved con's audition and knew he would be one of my favs!!! he is HOTT HOTT HOTT

i really do not think that scott is up to caliber with his vocals, he has a good voice, but not AI winner kinda voice, i really thought he would have been gone by now.....  anthony is funny, good  4 the tween girls, but not a really great voice, i think if he could sing marc anthony or jon secada songs all the time, he would do alot better, his voice has a latin sound, but he can never really show that off.  carrie has a great voice, but she is kinda boring for me, doesn't really get into it,  but i love her singing country - perfect at martina mcbride songs, she will prob get a deal i think in country genre, and i hope she does, i would buy it, and of course i would buy a bo or con album - they rock!!!  i think they are just the one's to beat, with the most presense on stage, and they just got it!!!!  i am soooo tired of the R&B winners (ruben and fantasia)......  Kelly is my girl and always will be, she is great!!!!!  love clay's voice also, but he is just so dorky, ruben and fan were good, but only on show, did not like their albums,  so i am ready for my con man now!!!!  his band just got a record deal, and there are a few good songs on there, but i prefer him singing more of the rock/pop, versus the sound of his band!!!  his solo record willl be AWESOME!!!  ok im done ranting now!!!  hee hee

in response to other's posts - i agree - let's vote for who we want to go - much better idea.  paula is, um,well - she just bugs the heck out of me, and always has.    i do not watch the nashville star, and as much as i like country, i just never watched it or got into it, so i missed it now, i did hear about bret being a judge, that is cool....  difference of opinion!!!  gotta luv poison - ha, i am showing my age too....   ;)

k - until next time!!!  just waiting for tuesday!!   ;D

nushooz

So who does everyone think will win Nashville Star tomarrow? (Tuesday the 26th) My bets are on Erika Jo.

irisheyesRsmiling

:D me too--i vote for no shirts as well-- but only for mr. constantine!!! O0 O0 O0 O0

woo hoo--i cant wait to see him tonight!!!

PrincessKate

I think that tonight was the last we will hear from Scott, even thought I still think it's a toss-up between him and Anthony to go. 

Bo was amazing.  His performance blew that other rockers (;)) out of the water. 

CaliPogoBabe

ha ha barb - i missed that post earlier today!!!  no shirt for the "C" man would have been GREAT!!!   ;)   ;)   ;)   ;)

i agree as much as i like him, his song choice was not very good tonite, i am disappointed.   :'(   :'(   :'(   :'(   :'(
he really does give a great performance though!!!!  on the AI message boards it was rumored that he was going to sing a Train song, and that would have been wonderful for his vocal range!!!!  he needed to show it off more tonite, and leave the hardcore rock songs to bo......  ya know his band back home is rock, but i prefer him singing more rock pop or classics better!!!!!

bo did do great tonite, but he too has had some shaky weeks.  i think that he is a rocker to the core, and that is all he should sing for his vocals.  where as constantine has a different range and sounds better not as hard core rock as bo sings....

scott is going home i believe!!!!  i really think that on his audition song he did well, but has not impressed me since then, i think his vocals were horrible tonight, and it seems like he knew it, and was not confident singing it.....

carrie is a country girl and should always stick to that, she will get a country deal i am sure, but should have picked a different song i thought...

actually anthony did well i think.  when he started off, i was like OMG no no no, but he sounded great on the rest of the song....

vonzell has a good voice, but we do not need antother R&B singer to win it, i do not think......

and that's my AI opinion wrap up for tonite....  lmao!!!!

gotta go - hubby so sick of hearing stuff about AI - he grumblin something to me on his way to bed..... >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(

no worries barb -  i would never slap ya 4 saying that - lol lol     i know u love him so it's ok...   ;)

nichole9180

what does Constantine have to stare at the camera soooooooooooo much he follows it.. that gets on my nerves something terrible. i'm not saying never look at it but my god it isnt the only object in the room..LOOK AT SOMETHING ELSE YOU HAM!

KMK92304

Quote from: nichole9180 on April 26, 2005, 11:25:52 PM
what does Constantine have to stare at the camera soooooooooooo much he follows it.. that gets on my nerves something terrible. i'm not saying never look at it but my god it isnt the only object in the room..LOOK AT SOMETHING ELSE YOU HAM!

:D

Kelly

Hey everyone.....I was a little dissappointed last night with most proformers....I liked Vonsell and Anthony actually did great.....my daughter is finally coming around and starting to like him...I think they had the best 2 proformances last night....lol.

Poor Scott it was like he knew he was going to go home and just didn't put his heart into the song.
I think he's going home too...only a mirical will save him.
I think he will be ok and maybe even get a contract....he needs to get over his hardships in life and adopt a better attitude....I still like him.

I feel the judges telling Constantine his vocals were not good was too harsh....Bo's song did not show off great vocals either but they praise him up & down....now don't get me wrong I like both these rockers....but I think the judges are bias in there opinions...how many rock songs have a lot of those long high notes we all love anyway....its a hard catagory to sing in....I think they both did equally ok not great but ok....Carrie dissapointed me big time....she has a ton of country songs she could of sang that would of really showed off her voice and her choice last night was a bad one.

tvc

Constantine is the best looking contestant but he killed an excellent song by an excellent band better luck to him next week

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview