PlayBuddy
June 07, 2024, 09:05:13 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Anagrams : Spell 500 words this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Win 24 games with two or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

thunder popper

Started by reload39,

Previous topic - Next topic

knightrider9592

thunder runs fine for me just one small problem it doesnt click new game if it leaves more than 5 balloons.

my puter settings:
windows xp home
1024x768 resolution
32 bit color
smooth edges unchecked
512 ram

thunderpopper settings
leave less than 5 balloons
slowest setting

any advisement would be appreciated thank you in advance

ItsyBitsy

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on March 23, 2005, 10:13:11 PM
set it so it will ONLY leave 0 balloons left

Isn't Thunderpopper too smart and it can be dangerous?  Cos even when I set it to "Play at all time" it still  always leave 0 balloons. Too smart.

Can we make it be a little dumber,lol and not always leave 0 balloons?

1euhlb

I used to have that problem that is a Windows operating system problem. Try to do a system restore on your computer to a earlier time...perhaps when you did not notice this problem. I also would go to GRISOFT and download their free avg virus program. It is awsome at fixing, trojans, worms and other hap hazards inflicted on the computer..messing your operating system up. I am almost positive this will work..PS..I never send a error report..it is useless and only MS way to appease us......

BLHUE1

BadgeHelpOscar

Please help me understand you guys.

I have owned hundreds of computers over the years and I cannot honestly remember the last time I did a system restore. What the hell do you people do to these computers of yours?
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Motley

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on March 24, 2005, 10:17:42 AM

I have owned hundreds of computers over the years and I cannot honestly remember the last time I did a system restore. What the hell do you people do to these computers of yours?

I have never done one because I am smart with mine, I wouldn't run it into the ground because I'm not anywhere near wealthy and can't afford to replace it should it go down in flames.  I have my computer running the most up to date virus, firewall, spam, spyware programs and intend to keep it that way.  Nor, do I go downloading a bunch of crap off any old internet site.  My computer has lasted 2 years and still shows no sign of dying on me yet.  Personally, I've found people have the most problems when they start downloading files off those file sharing places.  A rule of thumb I follow on that...that stuff comes off of another's person's computer...I don't know you, I don't know what crap you have on yours...so I don't want it on mine.  I'd rather go spend 10 bucks for a CD or what have you, than have to spend thousands because your file screwed up my computer.  Nor do I go changing system settings, it was given to me that way for a reason. 

I'm not being mean or pointing fingers at people or insulting anyone..please understand that.  I am just stating my opinion as to why I think I have no problems with my computer. 

Homer

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on March 24, 2005, 10:17:42 AM

You'd be surprised Oscar. I have to fix a pc tomorrow for someone. Some people will click on anything/download etc. without minimal protection for the pc. Some people refuse to get a decent firewall/virus program and keep them upgraded. I am fixing this one pc for the 2nd time in 4 months! The last time I fixed it they had over 500 viruses/spyware programs on it. :o

Oh yeah.....Here's the kicker......they call me crying because they don't understand why the pc doesn't work anymore. ::)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

BadgeHelpOscar

Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Mayhem

I have never done a System Restore myself (or needed to).

In fact, i have that service (with about 25 others) disabled.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

BadgeHelpOscar

yeah, if I did a system restore it would be a new learning venture.

It seems I have FLOCK of customers that do it like they are putting on their damn shoes in the morning...

Like....ho hum, gotta restore again...(like it's the thing to do)

And the first thing they do is run to me with new codes.

Homer

System Restore is a nice option but it is way too easy to do a system restore than actually figure out that maybe that "free" program you downloaded contained something you didn't know how to get rid of. Most "Free Software" packages come with some sort of spyware etc. Rather than run a spyware/virus program I think most people would rather do SR just because it's so easy. Now just because you do a system restore doesn't mean you've necessarily gotten rid of your problem. Some spyware gets around the SR and regenerates itself.

I get the impression that when people don't understand why their computer isn't performing correctly they go running for SR.Just my opinion.

BadgeHelpOscar

Ok, that makes sense....sometimes there are software issues so people start running out to best buy to go computer shopping....ok, got it

Homer

In my case they come running to me.....think I'm gonna have to start charging people for my services although I will weasel in a big seafood dinner tomorrow night for fixing the pc. :D

pjl_tn

Quote from: snatcher on March 22, 2005, 04:58:13 PM
i cant get mine to work using sun java, but it works ok on vm , but i keep getting ThunderPopperII.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close after about 20 games every time just a hastle to keep starting the game over and over

I get this same error.  It was playing about 20 games also yesterday.  Today it plays about 3 then this pops up.  Even a reboot and restart doesn't help.  Any advice anyone?  I'm using Windows XP, Home Edition, Sun (new computer so only sun installed), 1024x768 screen resolution, 3.20 GHz, 504 mb RAM.

Gator

Before people try the "quick fix" with a system restore they should realize that it does not completely uninstall ANY application by itself if trying to restore to a point prior to the program installation. Thats what Add/Remove is for, then that doesnt remove all traces. You need to do an indepth search esp in System32 area because if you reboot before all traces are gone, most will just reload themselves. (Dealing w/ spyware and virus issues that is)

Homer

You can download VM from our Club Center. ;D

Dragon

ok here goes:   op: xp
                    java:  no clue( i think sun)
                    ram: don't remember
                    i think the wife upgraded it to service pack 2
                    i usually run IE with the avant boost but tp11 doesn't work
                    on either one now
it worked fine before pogo did it's normal screw everything up play.   someone plz have a little patience and help me please                    

Homer

Quote from: JustNutsAboutPogo on March 24, 2005, 06:32:50 PM
ok i did a search for the system32 folder and found it, but hwat does that exactly have to do with the problem were having on the thunderpopper11 with it closing it?  a little more im depth  on this subject would be appreciated..

If I'm not mistaken Gator was referring to spyware and not the auto.

Gator

Thx Homer...I did specify that thats what i was refering to in a PM to him.

Homer

angel4grady

Hey everyone, this might be a silly question, but has anyone thought about possibly I mean just maybe emailing pogo about your tokens not being awarded???? Maybe you could email Pogo instead of Oscar and all the gang, since it is Pogo's fault maybe u should email them if you're worried about all the tokens you're not getting!!!!  ???    O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview