PlayBuddy
May 01, 2024, 08:14:48 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo games not playing

Started by Mistyeyed,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistyeyed

I need some help with some technical issues...after I loaded the new version of java the 7.51 version,im unable to get in to a lot of the pogo games now,there are just a few that will let me play..i have a new computer I purchased three months ago and it had windows 8 and it and I believe it has internet explorer 10. since the download most of the games wont play..can someone offer some suggestions on things I can try to get them to work..i tried some of the stuff they tell you to try like enabling the browser,which already was anyway,and also cleaning the cache,but nothing is working..any suggestions would be appreciated..thank you

C~M

Try a different browser like Chrome of FireFox, etc.

Also, try going back to your last Java, like system restore before it was installed.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Mistyeyed on February 05, 2014, 03:50:43 PM
i have a new computer I purchased three months ago and it had windows 8 and it and I believe it has internet explorer 10.

Did you get the free upgrade to Windows 8.1? I really dislike Windows 8 and Microsoft is determined to make you use IE with it. I use Chrome and love it for Pogo and have made it my default browser. If you insist on IE you can go here to get older versions of Java but it just could be that the new Java was corrupt. In any case you will need to remove Java completely before installing a new one:

http://java.com/en/download/faq/other_jreversions.xml

gran2x2

I use chrome for everything. If I need to double browse I use firefox because I hate IE and all it's updates with windows etc..too many glitches in it for my taste. I have java 7.5.1 and Pogo using  chrome works perfectly....Hope you get yours working right soon..

Mistyeyed

\I downloaded the chrome browser and when I tried to get in to a pogo game I got  a message telling me the java7,51 had crashed..it did let me in to word whomp,but very few games am I able to play...help..

disneyland lady

It really sounds like you got some sort of corrupted java when you did the update. I would remove all of your javas and try again.

Mistyeyed

I removed it and reinstalled it about three times now and still don't get anywhere,im thinking it might be browswer trouble but ive tried ie,firefox and chrome,none seems to get the games working...what I cant understand though,is why some of the games will play and some wont..i cant get in to world class solitaire,hog heaven slots,but I can play mahjongg dimensions,phlinx,word whomp....

disneyland lady

Do you ever run ccleaner? It has a icon to the side stating registry that removes and fixes things so that they run easier. Worth a try. I use it once a month after I have run my Microsoft Essentials and Spybot so that I have covered all bases before I backup my computer.

snowflower

Quote from: disneyland lady on February 06, 2014, 04:11:43 AM
Did you get the free upgrade to Windows 8.1? I really dislike Windows 8 and Microsoft is determined to make you use IE with it. I use Chrome and love it for Pogo and have made it my default browser. If you insist on IE you can go here to get older versions of Java but it just could be that the new Java was corrupt. In any case you will need to remove Java completely before installing a new one:

http://java.com/en/download/faq/other_jreversions.xml

I'm a bit confused with this issue (always confused anyway, lol). My niece tells me she now has a laptop with win/8.1 and it has 2 screens. One for the Desktop and another one. This other one will not allow her to install Java but she's been told that she can download Java on the Desktop screen. Whereas she's away running her business in the last while I haven't been in touch with her again on this issue. I hope someone can figure this out .. it was going to be my next purchase...? Thanks.

Mistyeyed

does anyone every get any boxes popping up saying to update your window drivers or I get one that says I have internet explorer 7 and I should update my browser? since I just got this computer two months ago,i believe it came with internet explorer 10 on it..i don't know why I get those other pop up boxes..i hate to click on something and it would be some kind of spyware or something to get a virus from?

Squid

I get other crap but nothing like you've described, MistyE.  I think you're wise to be suspicious.

AustinBennett

Quote from: Mistyeyed on February 11, 2014, 01:46:42 PM
does anyone every get any boxes popping up saying to update your window drivers or I get one that says I have internet explorer 7 and I should update my browser? since I just got this computer two months ago,i believe it came with internet explorer 10 on it..i don't know why I get those other pop up boxes..i hate to click on something and it would be some kind of spyware or something to get a virus from?
I get the one asking me to update drivers. Often it's accompanied with "Urgent". Not sure if it's a scam or what it is, but until I have a problem I'm not dealing with it.

Mistyeyed

I did a refresh,cleaned out everything..downloaded java again and all is well with the world now...one thing I do need though,how do I allow pop ups on pogo.such as the badges I win and my profile,i forget where I change that..

disneyland lady

I think it depends on which browser you use.

For Chrome: Click the Chrome menu (3 horizontal bars) on the browser toolbar.
Select Settings.
Click Show advanced settings.
In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
In the "Pop-ups" section, click Manage exceptions and add www.pogo.com

In IE click on the gear
Go to Internet Options and click on PRIVACY
Where you have the box checked for Popup Blocker click on SETTINGS and add www.pogo.com under sites to allow.

I don't use Firefox but I imagine it is the same. Here is the link to Pogo's test: http://www.pogo.com/misc/popup-blocker-test.jsp

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview