This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogocheats RSS Feeds

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffer

After using the program for a few days I have to say I'm impressed.  I just got home and only the unread posts from when I left work were highlighted.  Once set up the program is easy to use.

Because of that I would like to see all new posts listed in the future.  I assume that will include new topics as well.

BadgeHelpOscar

This is unlikely to happen....as every time we want to put up a new "feed" we have to create a new xml file and upload it to the server. It would be too much work to update everytime a new post was made.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Jeffer

Aacck! I misspoke. (or mistyped).

Mayhem asked if we would like to be notified of new posts or new topics or both.  That's what I was referring to.

Mayhem

Yeah, we can do both feeds if you like  O0

Anyone object to this?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Homer

What do I care as long as somebody feeds me?  :P

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Wichdoc

ok, I must be dumb.... what are feeds? And how do I put a pic on here from my files?

Homer

If you would read the first message in this thread it would tell you what it is.

Wichdoc

Quote from: Homer on July 18, 2005, 01:18:18 PM
If you would read the first message in this thread it would tell you what it is.

You don't have to sound mean. I just asked a simple question. I still didn't understand it.

BadgeHelpOscar

Don't worry, pcheats is a little bit ahead of it's time. RSS is not very widespread but in about 6 months, a lot of websites will have it and more browsers will be equipped to deal with it and make it a more user friendly experience.

Right now its a techie thing.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Wichdoc

Can anyone tell me how to get my picture to show up on my posts?

Wichdoc

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on July 18, 2005, 07:37:31 PM
Don't worry, pcheats is a little bit ahead of it's time. RSS is not very widespread but in about 6 months, a lot of websites will have it and more browsers will be equipped to deal with it and make it a more user friendly experience.

Right now its a techie thing.

Thank You Oscar !!!!! You have always been kind to me. Hey, did you get that raise yet? lol

BadgeHelpOscar

Homer

Quote from: Wichdoc on July 18, 2005, 07:35:42 PM
Quote from: Homer on July 18, 2005, 01:18:18 PM

You don't have to sound mean. I just asked a simple question. I still didn't understand it.

That was not being mean it is explained very clearly in that post.

SaintHiρρo

I've been sitting here thinking about downloading the RSS feeder onto my computer and today I've finally decided to. After getting rid of all that useless junk, I found it to be very pleasant as I'm able to get updated messages when it happens (ok, every 5 mins) and I'm staying on top of whatever tips you guys give out. I'm glad this was created and happy this useful tool was pointed out. Keep up the good work!

-=Saint Hippo (took me several times to type this without using my real name, Pogo SN or my email address, lol)

Lish

The best thing to use as an RSS reader IMO is google.  if you have a google acct, go to www.google.com/ig and you can customize your home pg to have a bunch of diff feeds. O0

BadgeHelpOscar

Laurie-Anne

I just have to tell you what an awesome idea it is to have the Rss feeds. I even get to rely to posts from right inside the feedreeder. Its nice to get posts as they happen. That helped me to win a couple autos in a quickie contest. You guys are the best. Thanks for such a super site. :D

baberuth

i like to be notified by both post and to be notified about every thing from pogocheats ty tc hagd Eddie O0

River Tam

I've been using Thunderbird for my RSS feeds...but I might have to try out that Google one.  Especially because it's sometimes hard to keep up with my specific feeds on my computer at work and the ones on my laptop at home.

And I think the RSS feature is great.  It enables me to see what the latest discussions are without having to log in every day.  And then I save the ones I want to go back to when I get a chance to log in.   O0

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview