PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 01:34:44 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NHL

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

goalie wanted white flag.gif huet sucks..that piece of swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif son of a swear2.gif swear2.gif frenchie cant stop swear2.gif swear2.gif leaves his 5 hole wide open..close your swear2.gif you  swear2.gif swear2.gif.........

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on October 02, 2009, 11:55:32 AM
goalie wanted white flag.gif huet sucks..that piece of swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif son of a swear2.gif swear2.gif frenchie cant stop swear2.gif swear2.gif leaves his 5 hole wide open..close your swear2.gif you  swear2.gif swear2.gif.........
My Canadiens dumped his loser butt a few years ago. The Habs are 1-0-0 and defeated the evil Toronto Maple Loafs at the ACC last night. Always a good day when Ontario loses in hockey. beer11.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

bobby

Quote from: Joe C on October 02, 2009, 01:01:00 PM
My Canadiens dumped his loser butt a few years ago. The Habs are 1-0-0 and defeated the evil Toronto Maple Loafs at the ACC last night. Always a good day when Ontario loses in hockey. beer11.gif
i was watching that game..the habs had no business winning that game either lol..and for some reason i was wearing my old canadiens jersey..i like the gionta gomez combo they got going..brings back the glory days of the devils....but ya..it felt great leading the central for these past 3 hours til the scumbag redwings took care of the blues..but oh well the hawks are gonna take the west anyway beer11.gif

bobby

and just as i say that the blues score 3 quick goals hysterical.gif hysterical.gif go st louis!

Homer

Emery delivers with a 2-0 shutout in first game as a Flyer cheerleading.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bobby

he looked sharp in net..so much for the 2 year nhl layoff.. bbq21.gif

Homer

Quote from: bobby on October 02, 2009, 06:47:39 PM
he looked sharp in net..so much for the 2 year nhl layoff.. bbq21.gif

yeah he seems more technically sound than Biron

Having Pronger and Timonen in front of you doesn't hurt either

bobby

Quote from: Homer on October 02, 2009, 07:05:00 PM
yeah he seems more technically sound than Biron

Having Pronger and Timonen in front of you doesn't hurt either
as long as he can keep his head and don't start any more fights, although goalie fights are awesome

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on October 02, 2009, 01:38:19 PM
i was watching that game..the habs had no business winning that game either lol..and for some reason i was wearing my old canadiens jersey..i like the gionta gomez combo they got going..brings back the glory days of the devils....but ya..it felt great leading the central for these past 3 hours til the scumbag redwings took care of the blues..but oh well the hawks are gonna take the west anyway beer11.gif
It is rather tough for me to wish Gionta well, seeing how many times we howled at him in Hockey East.

Gionta went to Boston College, the loser school on Chestnut Hill. giggle2.gif

Homer

another great game from Emery as the Devils go down 5-2

JVR is looking pretty solid for a rookie so far. In two games he has 3 assists.

Homer

Joe C

bobby

opening night tumbsup.gif 23,000+ screaming during the anthem...ahh 5 months is way too long of a wait dadada dadada  hi11.gif hi11.gif

bobby

hawks in the works of signing toews, kane, and keith cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif and penguins keep getting hurt...its a great day!

bobby

is anyone else able to see the way the hawks are %^@!$)!$* !@$&!*@$!@$ !@$^!@(*$^(! @$(!-ING the sharks? hossa kane and toews...watch out nhl panic button.gif

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on November 25, 2009, 08:51:07 PM
is anyone else able to see the way the hawks are %^@!$)!$* !@$&!*@$!@$ !@$^!@(*$^(! @$(!-ING the sharks? hossa kane and toews...watch out nhl panic button.gif
Habs lose again. They return to .500 record. panic button.gif

bobby

not getting easier anytime soon with ove coming to town next...haven't been hearing much ET LE BUT! from the announcer lately lol
Quote from: Joe C on November 25, 2009, 09:07:51 PM
Habs lose again. They return to .500 record. panic button.gif

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on November 25, 2009, 10:49:53 PM
not getting easier anytime soon with ove coming to town next...haven't been hearing much ET LE BUT! from the announcer lately lol
I has been a bad start to the NHL season for the Habs. It has also been a bad start to the NCAA Hockey season for my Terriers of Boston University. Last year's champs are having lots of problems, injuries and the flu. crying10.gif

bobby

the 2% of you that actually get versus...tonight if you watch...tell me that the hawks 3rd jersey isnt up there with the all time great jerseys!
1.hawks home
2.hawks 3rd
3.hawks road
4-the rest everyone else
dead last: that mighty ducks one from 95 with wild wing on it beer11.gif

Homer

Ovi suspended 2 games; Day-to-day with sore kneeTuesday, 12.01.2009 / 4:08 PM / NHL Insider By Dan Rosen  - NHL.com Staff Writer The NHL announced Tuesday that Washington Capitals' forward Alexander Ovechkin has been suspended two games without pay as the result of a knee-on-knee collision with Tim Gleason of the Carolina Hurricanes Monday night in a 3-2 Washington victory.

"I regret that this has happened," Ovechkin said in a statement released by the Capitals Public Relations department. "I'm glad that Tim wasn't injured because I never ever want to see anyone get hurt. I am disappointed to miss these games and I can't wait to get back on the ice next week to help my team."

Ovechkin, who was issued a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct by the officials on the ice, will miss Thursday's game at home against Florida and Saturday's game at Philadelphia. He's eligible to return Dec. 7 at Tampa Bay. It's the first time he's been suspended in his career.

In a press release announcing the suspension, the League explained that Ovechkin "was involved in an incident where he extended his knee while delivering a hit" at the 12:05 mark of the first period.

Ovechkin, who leads the Capitals with 18 goals and 30 points, was also issued a five-minute major for boarding and a game misconduct Nov. 25 against Buffalo.

NHL INSIDER
Crosby hones craft in faceoff circle
Dan Rosen - NHL.com Staff Writer
Believe it or not, there was a time when the Penguins opted not to use Sidney Crosby on faceoffs. Times have changed in a big way.
READ MORE ›

Crosby on pace for career season
Bylsma, Shero unveil Penguins' plaque at NHL HQ
Doan says fans will come if the Coyotes win
MORE NHL INSIDER STORIES ›Earlier Tuesday, Ovechkin expressed how thankful and lucky he is that his right knee isn't as seriously injured as it appeared when he lay prone on the ice in Carolina Monday night after colliding with Gleason.

"It's not a bad injury," Ovechkin, who may practice Wednesday, told reporters at the practice facility. "I thought it was going to be worse but thank God I can walk and I can skate. Of course it's a little bit sore, but it's not that serious."

Ovechkin, who is being listed as day to day with a sore knee, was writhing in pain after collision and several minutes later had to be helped off and into the dressing room. He couldn't put any weight on his right leg.

But he skated for roughly five minutes Tuesday morning at Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, Va. before his teammates came on the ice for practice. He was not in his hockey gear, but took a few strides and handled the puck a bit before going off.

According to reports, Ovechkin at first didn't use his right leg to push off, but by the end he was skating on both legs and even bent his right knee a few times before leaving.

Ovechkin missed six games earlier this season with an upper body strain. He missed only two games due to injury in his first four seasons.

Ovechkin said he was just trying to "make a normal hit" on Gleason, but the 'Canes defenseman turned quickly and he couldn't react in time.

It was his second game misconduct in the last three games. He was also called for a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct in last Wednesday's game against Buffalo.

Ovechkin was also involved in a controversial knee-on-knee collision with Pittsburgh defenseman Sergei Gonchar in the playoffs last season. He did not receive any supplemental discipline for that hit.

Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau expressed concern for the way Ovechkin plays when he addressed the media after Tuesday's practice.

"He's pretty reckless," Boudreau said. "Boy it's hard telling a guy that scores 60 goals a year to change the way he plays. At the same time, I don't want to see him getting hurt. Maybe he has to pick his spots a little bit better. It's something that will have to be addressed by us, I guess."

Boudreau hinted that he may soon have a talk with Ovechkin about the way he plays, but he's not totally convinced it will do any good. Boudreau, though, doesn't believe there is any malicious intent in the way Ovechkin plays, saying he just plays hard all the time.

"Not only as a coach, but as somebody who admires him, I just don't want to him put himself in harm's way," Boudreau said. "So we'll see. I don't think anything being said is going to change the way he plays. Who knows?"

"It's not a bad injury. I thought it was going to be worse but thank God I can walk and I can skate. Of course it's a little bit sore, but it's not that serious."
-- Alex Ovechkin
Ovechkin seems intent on keeping things status quo, saying he won't change a thing about his game or the way he plays.

"How can you tell me you just have to stop playing how you play?" Ovechkin said. "If I stop playing how I play I won't be that type of player. I play risky. I don't want to try dirty hits to make people get hurt, but sometimes people turn back or turn right away so I don't have time to realize to stop. It's pretty hard when you are skating fast and the guys just turn. What can you do?"

Almost lost, but certainly not forgotten from Monday's game was the injury suffered by Carolina defenseman Joe Corvo, who will miss the next 8-12 weeks while recovering from surgery to repair a laceration in his lower right leg.

Corvo was cut by the skate of Capitals defenseman Karl Alzner. According to the Hurricanes, he was transported to Rex Hospital, where Dr. Marty Isbell of the Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic performed surgery to repair the injuries.

"It's never good when you see a lot of blood on a guy's sock like that," Canes forward Matt Cullen told The Raleigh News & Observer after Monday's game.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview