Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NFL

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Rasputia

Quote from: Homer on March 05, 2008, 05:30:29 PM

:)) me and madden are going on a food binge this weekend so look out buffet restaurants  !@! !@!

Homer

The draft starts in a little over an hour.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

FreecellFanny

As we now all know, Favre is on the box of the Madden '09.  :)))

Packers picked up a quarterback, cornerback, and a wide receiver.  :^*

Homer

NINERS TO L.A.?
Posted by Mike Florio on June 1, 2008, 10:19 a.m.
It might be time for the informal list of teams that could fill the 13-year hole in Los Angeles to be expanded by one.  Maybe two.

With the San Francisco 49ers moving slowly toward their goal of gaining a new stadium, residency in Ed Roski's "If They Come I Will Build It" venture on the outskirts of the City of Angels becomes a possibility.

Bill Soliday of InsideBayArea.com wrote the story that we'll summarize in superficial, sound-bite-seeking fashion right here.

John Semcken, a Roski partner who is in charge of the project, was tight-lipped regarding the situation.  "We are not at liberty to talk about which teams we are or are not talking to," Semcken told Soliday.

In our view, the list of franchises that could relocate to L.A. include, loosely speaking, the Vikings, Saints, Chargers, Jaguars, and Rams.  (We've removed the Bills from our unofficial list because they seem to be destined to move to Toronto, or to at least split time between Ontario and Buffalo.)

Though Semcken wouldn't talk specifically about whether the Niners are one of the teams that could make the move, he implied that the San Fran franchise has yet to commence discussions by addressing the possibility that, if the 49ers wait until after November 2008 to commence discussions, it might be too late.

"I would say if they were not ready to talk to somebody until after that, they would be behind the 8 ball," Semcken said.

Another possibility for the L.A. stadium is the other Bay Area team — the Raiders.

"No comment" is all that Semcken would say about the team owned by Al Davis, which is probably the safest course as to any matter relating to the unpredictable organization currently located in Oakland.

So who will make the move, if anyone?  If we had to guess, we'd say that the Vikings will eventually join their purple-and-yellow predecessors who have done fairly well for themselves as the predominant basketball franchise in Los Angeles after leaving long ago the land of 10,000 lakes.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: FreecellFanny on March 04, 2008, 04:20:46 PM
I always knew the time would come when Brett Favre retired. However, that didn't stop me from secretly hoping he'd keep playing until after I was long gone and dead in the ground.

What can I say. I'm a died-in-the-wool Cheesehead and Brett and the Pack meant the world to me.

I feel like I've lost my best friend. Sundays just won't be the same anymore.

I'm thankful though that I got to see him play in person.

And don't forget kids...it's FAVRE not Farve! ;)

That's how I felt when Steve Young left the 9ers.  It was never the same watching them.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on June 30, 2008, 06:00:02 AM
That's how I felt when Steve Young left the 9ers.  It was never the same watching them.

I felt it more with Joe Montana - but Steve was a loss, too.  I used to go to the games when I lived in San Francisco.   

I followed the Jets for years, too... and felt a real loss when Chrebet retired - but his poor contused head couldn't handle another concussion.

Homer

ESPN is reporting Favre wants to play for the Packers this year.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on July 02, 2008, 03:26:27 PM
ESPN is reporting Favre wants to play for the Packers this year.

He musta read this thread.   :)))

Tara

Does anyone know if Homer wears this stupid green hat  :<< when the Eagles play?  :-[

Homer

Ummm the Bears like their QB's?  :)) :)) :))

DO BEARS WANT FAVRE? "NOT RIGHT NOW"

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2008, 3:25 p.m.
Even if the report that the Packers would consider trading Brett Favre to a division opponent is correct, it appears that the only NFC North team that wants Favre is the Vikings.

The Bears could also use a quarterback, but they appear set on going into the season with Kyle Orton or Rex Grossman as the starter and don't want to add anyone.

''Not right now,'' offensive coordinator Ron Turner said when asked if he could picture Favre as a Bear. ''Not with what we have. I like our quarterbacks. That's not to say he's not a great player, he's one of the greatest players of all time. I love him. I love watching him. He's a great player. Not at this time and in this situation. We've got two good quarterbacks.''

A whole lot of fans and NFL observers would take issue with Turner's claim that he has two good quarterbacks, but the point remains: The Bears say they're not a part of the Favre sweepstakes. At least, not right now.

Homer

bobby

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on August 07, 2008, 03:19:53 PM
  :)))

Well, now we know Homer is the singing naked cowboy!! lol

QVC is now selling Brett's NY jersey shirts, #4 expensive if ya ask me and I know you didn't! :))

FreecellFanny

I tried to buy my Jets jersey the day the trade was announced and the site was down. They sold well over 6,500 within the first few hours.  :)))

However, hubby and I already have our tickets for the Jets v Patriots game on November 13th, my birthday!  :^*

Homer

Monkey, what's your impressions of DeSean Jackson tonight?  ++

Monkey

Quote from: Homer on August 22, 2008, 07:12:26 PM
Monkey, what's your impressions of DeSean Jackson tonight?  ++
I wish the Patriots had him.  :-[ :)))

Homer

Quote from: Monkey on August 22, 2008, 07:18:47 PM
I wish the Patriots had him.  :-[ :)))

He has been impressive this preseason. Certainly not playing like a rookie.

Tara

I'm impressive and if you don't believe me, ask anyone.  :))

Homer

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview