This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NFL

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

Oh yes what a great game the Ravens played last night against the Steelers!!    football4.gif beer11.gif cheesy.gif cheerleading.gif  I still can't get over that td with 8 sec left in the game when I was ready to cry in my beer, awesome throw Flacco!!  beer11.gif dancing16.gif  Take that Pittsburg!   hi11.gif giggle2.gif

Homer

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 07, 2011, 01:19:12 PM
Oh yes what a great game the Ravens played last night against the Steelers!!    football4.gif beer11.gif cheesy.gif cheerleading.gif  I still can't get over that td with 8 sec left in the game when I was ready to cry in my beer, awesome throw Flacco!!  beer11.gif dancing16.gif  Take that Pittsburg!   hi11.gif giggle2.gif

Torrey Smith is lucky. He woulda been buried on the bench for that drop.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

You got that right!  After the night he'd had, I'm surprised he didn't drop it!   no-no.gif football4.gif

bobby

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on November 07, 2011, 08:57:04 PM
whistle.gif
Whatever could bobby be hinting about? A Chicago fan.....Homer is a Philly boy.......hmmmmmmm
cheerleading.gif football4.gif cheerleading.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

bobby

Quote from: Joe C on November 08, 2011, 06:09:55 PM
Whatever could bobby be hinting about? A Chicago fan.....Homer is a Philly boy.......hmmmmmmm
cheerleading.gif football4.gif cheerleading.gif
i have no idea what you're getting at!  shy12.gif

bobby

well....if da bears win the superbowl...i have a verbal agreement to get a tattoo of the bear head logo on me somewhere...i don't know why i do the stuff i do sometimes

Joe C

Quote from: bobby on November 20, 2011, 06:07:10 PM
well....if da bears win the superbowl...i have a verbal agreement to get a tattoo of the bear head logo on me somewhere...i don't know why i do the stuff i do sometimes
Supposedly, Jay Cutler broke this thumb on his playing hand. Supposedly, it happened late against the Chargers.
tumbsup.gif

bobby

yep, out 6-8 weeks happened on a dumb play too where he was trying to tackle the defender who intercepted the pass after knox fell...

CindyLouWho

Bet its gonna be an interesting Thanksgiving at the Harbaugh'S today!  Glad I'm not their parents,LOL.   Oh boy gonna be some good football tonight, brother against brother!   giggle2.gif    football4.gif cheerleading.gif popcorn2.gif

Homer

Rusty Scupper? Is that like Capt. Scully's catch of the day?  tongue.gif

CindyLouWho

Some good playoff games coming up!  Oh boy!   football4.gif popcorn2.gif party8a.gif fan2.gif

swamp

The Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning will reportedly part ways on Thursday, with the Colts declining a roster bonus that will make Manning a free agent.

This will end Manning's association with the franchise with which he made his mark in the NFL. Let's take a look at the news from a few statistical perspectives.

What Manning meant to the Colts
From 1984 to 1997, the Colts won less than 40 percent of their regular-season games and just one division title. With Manning at quarterback from 1998 to 2010, they won nearly 70 percent of the time, won their division eight times, and won a Super Bowl.

Colts Since Moving to Indianapolis
   1984-97    1998-2010>>
Reg.-season win pct    .395    .678
Playoff wins    2    9
Division titles    1    8
Super Bowl appearances    0    2
>>Peyton Manning started every game

The Colts tied an NFL record with nine straight playoff appearances from 2002 to 2010, matching the mark set by the Dallas Cowboys from 1975 to 1983. Their run of nine straight seasons with at least 10 wins in that span is tied for the second best in NFL history, behind the San Francisco 49ers' run of 16 straight from 1983 to 1998.

Manning's 54,828 passing yards and 399 touchdown passes for the Colts are the third most in NFL history by a quarterback for a single team. He trailed only Brett Favre's contributions to the Green Bay Packers and Dan Marino's totals for the Miami Dolphins in both of those stats.

Career in historical perspective
Manning is tied for the NFL's all-time record for most career games with at least 300 passing yards with 63 and holds the NFL mark for most seasons of at least 4,000 yards passing with 11. His 141 wins as a starter are the fourth most in NFL history, 45 behind Favre.

Peyton Manning Career NFL Ranks
      Ranks
Wins as starter    141    4th
Comp    4,682    3rd
Pass yds    54,828    3rd
Pass TD    399    3rd
Pass YPG    263.6    3rd
300-yd gms    63    T-1st

Manning is the only player in NFL history to win four NFL MVP awards, as voted on by The Associated Press.

Manning started the first 208 games of his NFL career. That's the second-longest streak by a quarterback at any point in his career in NFL history, behind only Favre's 297.

Manning's Future

Manning will turn 36 next season. How have quarterbacks fared in their "age 36 season" (meaning they were 36 by Dec. 31)?

There were 34 quarterbacks with at least 300 pass attempts at age 36:
- 16 led their team to the postseason
- 15 threw at least 20 touchdown passes
- 12 threw for more than 3,000 yards.

The Elias Sports Bureau provided us with a list of notable passing stats for any quarterback since 1970 who played in the NFL, then missed at least one entire season, and then returned to the NFL.

Rumored Peyton Manning Suitors
Team Total QBR Last Season
      NFL Rank
Jets    33.6    28th
Seahawks    34.1    27th
Cardinals    36.4    26th
Browns    39.8    24th
Redskins    40.5    22nd
Chiefs    43.8    20th
49ers    46.8    18th
Dolphins    55.2    15th

Of those, Gary Danielson had the most passing yards (3,223) and most wins (9) after returning, doing so for the 1980 Lions.

One of the key questions when Manning returns will be about his ability to throw the deep ball. Over the three seasons from 2008 to 2010, Manning rated below average on pass attempts of 20 yards or more, completing just 32 percent. That ranked 28th among the 47 quarterbacks with at least 50 such throws in that span.

The Miami Dolphins, Washington Redskins and New York Jets are among Manning's rumored suitors. The Dolphins have had 16 starting quarterbacks since the start of the 2000 season, tied with the Bears for the most in the NFL in that span.

Manning figures to be a Hall of Fame inductee when his career is done. Only three Hall of Fame quarterbacks have won the Super Bowl with one team, than finished their career with another -- Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath and Joe Montana. zipper.gif coffee.gif

Homer

I hate the Mannings. What a bunch of babies!

swamp

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on March 06, 2012, 06:23:04 PM
I hate the Mannings. What a bunch of babies!
And yet, Eagles fans would kiss his butt 24/7 if he went to the Iggles.
ass.gif lipstick.gif

Homer

Quote from: Joe C on March 06, 2012, 07:24:26 PM
And yet, Eagles fans would kiss his butt 24/7 if he went to the Iggles.
ass.gif lipstick.gif

Hell effin' no. I don't want Broke Neck, ShEli or Archie anywhere near Philly

Squid

CindyLouWho

Oh yea, even if it is only pre-season games I'll still take em!  giggle2.gif cheesy.gif football4.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview