This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Dancing With The Stars

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

arniebear

Problem with Shawn Johnson is she is young.....judges will probably site lack of maturity.  I also hope Denise Richards gets bumped early, but with Maks as her partner that is doubtful.  It is about time he won.........but I would rather it was with someone else  undecided.gif

disneyland lady

I remember Shawn Johnson when she was too young to qualify for the olympics and she has added such muscle mass to her legs it might not be conducive to "dancing" cuz most of those women dancers have sticks for legs. While not happy with the choices this year I keep thanking the Lord that Joan Rivers was not chosen. And with Deidre Hall now unemployed it would have been perfect to have her (but her soap was NBC not ABC).

Mistyeyed

i guess Julianne Hough is coming back this season after all..that country singer on this season..guess thats her boyfriend..i think they will be dancing together..

arniebear

They had everyones ages in TV Guide..........every celeb could be Shawn Johnson's mother/father or grandmother/grandfather.........poor kid.  Guess they want to be able to say she is the youngest ever contestant.

Tara

Quote from: Mistyeyed on February 12, 2009, 07:03:27 AM
i guess Julianne Hough is coming back this season after all..that country singer on this season..guess thats her boyfriend..i think they will be dancing together..

I'm glad she is coming back, well actually she never left..lol  Her boyfriend is a hottie.

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on February 13, 2009, 10:18:25 AM
I'm glad she is coming back, well actually she never left..lol  Her boyfriend is a hottie.
Yes!  tongue.gif  inlove1.gif

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on February 15, 2009, 11:24:38 PM
Yes!  tongue.gif  inlove1.gif

LOL...She is a hottie too.

I don't know if I will be able to handle Karina and Max on the show together. I hope she gets booted off quick. I'll be so jealous watching him watching her.  6_6.gif

Tara

Holly from the Girls Next Door is taking Jewels place when the new season starts on Monday.

cherrypie

Well...what bites is that this will  be on against One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl.  I'll check back here for regular updates.

Tara

Nancy O'Dell got hurt and is off of the show, but they haven't said who is going to replace her.

This show has a curse. There have been so many people hurt in the last 2 years.

Mistyeyed

the celebs that want to be on the show..i think they think its a walk in the park..you dont have to use parts of your body you have probably never used before..

disneyland lady

Quote from: Tara on March 05, 2009, 03:49:48 PM
Nancy O'Dell got hurt and is off of the show, but they haven't said who is going to replace her.

This show has a curse. There have been so many people hurt in the last 2 years.

If there really is a curse, then <b>please</b> put Joan Rivers on it.

Tara

Wooo hoooo Melissa from the Bachelor is going to take Nancys place.  I hope she does good!

Kinda sucks Holly and Melissa don't get 6 weeks to get ready for the show.

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on March 08, 2009, 12:42:41 PM
Wooo hoooo Melissa from the Bachelor is going to take Nancys place.  I hope she does good!

Kinda sucks Holly and Melissa don't get 6 weeks to get ready for the show.
no-no.gif

Melissa should do fine though. I think she's a dancer and a cheerleader already. undecided.gif

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on March 08, 2009, 11:25:05 PM
no-no.gif

Melissa should do fine though. I think she's a dancer and a cheerleader already. undecided.gif

I know people are going to say because she was a cheerleader she shouldn't be able to qualify, but they've had ice skaters, cheetah girls (who dances), Lil Kim, guys that have played in boy bands who dance and perform, and Dallas Cowboy football players. If they can have a Cowboy football player they can have one of their cheerleaders..lol

Wonder if Jason and Molly will watch.  popcorn2.gif  Jason probably will be grounded from watching it.  hysterical.gif

Mistyeyed

melissa should be allowed cause shes a reality star,and the very first season  trista was on....i am glad shes on there,she will be getting more attention now than the other two..way to go..

disneyland lady

I was thinking that Melissa will certainly get the sympathy votes right from the start. Now semi off topic but it also made me wish that The Batchelor was a reality show where we could call in our vote on who gets a rose and who goes home. Let us decide who should marry Jason.

Tara

I look at the voting like this...most people have decided who they will vote for before the show ever starts. For instance, our precious CindyLou always knows her favorite and who she is routing on before the show airs. This is more of a fan based show. Fans vote for their favorites. I think more towards the end more people vote by the dancing. Cloris Leachman (sp) and Wayne Newton are fine examples.  giggle2.gif

Idol is the same way, people vote for whoever is getting more camera time. They don't care who can sing good or who does good.

disneyland lady

Quote from: Tara on March 09, 2009, 08:08:07 AM
I look at the voting like this...most people have decided who they will vote for before the show ever starts. For instance, our precious CindyLou always knows her favorite and who she is routing on before the show airs. This is more of a fan based show. Fans vote for their favorites. I think more towards the end more people vote by the dancing. Cloris Leachman (sp) and Wayne Newton are fine examples.  giggle2.gif

Idol is the same way, people vote for whoever is getting more camera time. They don't care who can sing good or who does good.
You are so right on. And that was proved before Emmitt Smith showed how good he really was because he had the male vote if there is such a thing on DWTS. I, too have a favorite by the end of the first show but I learned that could be changed cuz I had no idea who Helio was but he soon became my fav.

Heads up - tonites show runs 122 mins per tvguide.com so if you are recording make sure you get all of it.

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on March 09, 2009, 06:26:25 AM
Jason probably will be grounded from watching it.  hysterical.gif
Yeah... Molly will be scared that he'll watch Melissa and then change his mind AGAIN and say that he can't stop thinking about Melissa. hysterical.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview