This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Survivor - Season 35 - Heroes, Healers, Hustlers

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

I think Ben is a buffoon.  Good job, Ben, you were lucky enough to find another idol just prior to this week's tribal council but you act like a complete idiot, rubbing everyone's faces in it, which will only kill you down the road.  They will either vote you out as soon as they can or, if you are miraculously able to make it to the finals, you won't get a single vote for the money.  YOUR SOCIAL GAME SUCKS!  You may have some cunning... you may have some physical ability... you may have some endurance... but you do not have the respect of your fellow contestants and THAT will bite you in the ass at the end.

gran2x2

He should have kept his idol secret and picked his victim..he could have gotten out who ever he wanted...his luck won't last forever...

mycatownsme

I agree with you both. I don't understand his game play at all.

it was another good show again and looking forward to the final one next week.

I think that's what was said last night. Did anyone else catch that it was the end next show?

gran2x2

mycatownsme

Thank you so much. I wasn't sure and now I will be able to set the record when my TV guide is updated to that date and will be sure not to miss it.  embrace.gif

gran2x2

Squid

gran2x2

Squid

I don't hate Chrissy.  I think she's smart and can play the game.  If a man were doing what she is, most people would say he's outplaying, outwitting, etc.  I think Ryan is a waffler, going wherever the current loyalty will best serve him.  Ben is a bully, I hope he gets kicked to the curb.  I like Devon although he has really coasted this whole season.  He has lasted ONLY because he's so likable.  Mike is ok... I guess... he has played the game a bit, I s'pose, but I'm not a huge fan.   Out of all of them, Ben and Chrissy have played the best but Ben's a big 'ol mean ogre.... I want him out.  I may be rooting for Chrissy, now that I'm thinking about it, but she won't win because it will become a battle of testosterone vs. estrogen and she's the only female left.

gran2x2

I wish I knew why Crissy bugs me so much....I think its because back when she said she had the power and she was in control...big mouth knows it all...IMO..to each their own...Ryan is tail rider...follows whoever will keep him...Mike is just nuts..plain and simple..the guy seems clueless...

mycatownsme

I wanted to be sure to stop by to see who everyone was wanting to win tonight.
Pogo sure has been keeping us busy and wanted to get todays stuff done so can relax and watch.

I keep wondering how anyone would like Mike to be his doctor??? Where he gets his ideas....who knows? But I would never want him for my doctor and if he were my doctor before he was on Survivor, I would be finding a different one and fast.  giggle2.gif  Unless he is pure genius in the real world and takes time to think his ideas through instead of starving on an island surrounded by brain cell eating anythings to make you look and act like a stupid idiot with no brain. undecided.gif

He keeps doing and saying pretty much the same stupid stuff and doesn't learn. Not my favorite as you can see.

A friend calls Ryan, mr underpants. Because it looks to us as if that is what he is wearing and has been wearing from the start. Those same red underpants.  hysterical.gif  I can't get that out of my head.
He teamed up with Chrissy from the start and those 2 have stuck together and I see the 2 of them having a good chance to the end.  But....

I still can not decide who the jury will vote for the win between them if this is what plays out.

My nightmare, to win this game, is Ben. He can be a good guy and showed a good side when he backed down according to plan during part of the game. I started to like him a bit and thinking maybe he wouldn't be a bad one to win. But he just can't help himself and he has to be him! He is a jerk. 

But I remember the very first guy who won Survivor and walked around the beach and camp and any place he wanted with out wearing one stitch of clothes on at all 99 percent of the time. Any one remember him? He made it a point to irritate every single person he was with. And this was all new so it really hit everyone watching right between the eyes. I think his name was Richard Hatch. Anyone remember him? The game has come a long way since that time and thankfully for the better.

But I am undecided to say who is going to win because I don't have a good read on the Jury.
Rachel is going to do all she can to keep Chrissy from winning. And Devon too. He stabbed her in the back and I don't know if she will give him her vote to win.

So, that leaves me with thinking Ben is going to win. Did I just write that? I guess I did.
So, Ben is my prediction because of who is in the jury.

winter20.gif  I can feel the snowballs hitting me as I sign off. Enjoy the show all.  popcorn2.gif

Squid

Quote from: mycatownsme on December 20, 2017, 04:40:51 PM
Richard Hatch. Anyone remember him?
Yes, I do!  He was arrested on tax evasion because he didn't pay taxes on his winnings.  LOL, dweeb. watching you.gif

Rachel is going to do all she can to keep Chrissy from winning. And Devon too. He stabbed her in the back and I don't know if she will give him her vote to win.

Rachel?  Who's Rachel?
giggle2.gif

So, Ben is my prediction because of who is in the jury.

God, please don't listen to her.  She's crazy!    giggle2.gif   angel19.gif

mycatownsme

Sorry Squid...please forgive. Who was the last girl to get voted out? The swimmer...Her.

I have to laugh my head off here with your post. Crack me up.  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

And yes.....that was the dweeb!  Where did you learn that word?

God loves me and he has to listen because I put money in his hat every Sunday. I am his favorite too.

Squid

You crack me up, too!   I think you meant Ashley. 
Dweeb?  Sheesh, think I knew that word since I was a kid....  too long ago.
YES!  God loves you but he told me to say he's not letting Ben win.  Sowwy!
hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

gran2x2

I was happy Ben won....Crissy and her I'm a Mom bs was stupid...she shudda went with her playing record and her wins...Ryan was just a lost cause...waste of space...Did anyone see who the girl in the audience voted for????

Squid

I hate it when people go for sympathy votes.  I FULLY appreciate Ben's service but he just goes on completely regarding the trauma of military service.  I would have voted against him just for that.  Votes should go to game play, game behavior, etc.  He was a big ol' meanie and a finder of immunity idols.  That's it.  Chrissy should have won.

mycatownsme

Taking a cautious look around the corner to be sure I will not get hit by a bunch of snowballs
before posting this morning.   Okay, so far nothing headed my way. Phew.

I have such mixed feelings about the show last night. I have some family staying with us and they have been watching since the start too. Last night was a shocker to them.

I slept with one eye open in case I was to awaken with black marker drawings of glasses drawn around my eyes and a mustache and who knows what else they could have come up with to draw. It was just a gut feeling to pick Ben. He never gave up looking for those idols. And production always had one out there. Why were the others not looking also? Especially when Ben would find them over and over again.
And then the twist at the end to have 2 go against each other to make fire. There was no doubt that Chrissy was going to take Ryan with her and that left Devon to try to beat Ben. And then when Devon was doing practice to make fire, he could not do it. And instead of doing what ever he could to keep trying to be sure he could make a fire. he seemed to just get up and did nothing. I wanted to knock him in the head.
I wish it would have been a close call between them and have them both at the very least make a fire. But, nope. Did not happen. We all sat here looking at the TV screen and not saying a word.

And then the rest followed that I agree with Gran about with Chrissy and her defense. Chrissy played an excellent game when it came to the challenges.

Even the young girl in the audience voted for Ben and I think it was because he kept hunting for those idols while the others slept. I don't think that young girl based her decision on Ben and his military service. I believe she watched him go out time after time and hunt and look to move on and never give up. I do not remember seeing anyone find so many idols.

Who better win then a Vet from military service who worked and kept trying over and over and he showed his negative behavior with his social game and it all fit into what his life is like because of his past. And that came through so real to where you did not want to see him win but a little voice in my head was saying...he is not that bad to NOT win. He never gave up. He was mean. But he was nice too. Not a lot. But he had his moments.

And in the end, I have had a whole lot of fun and laughs and a show that was talked about with so many.
This past year has brought with it some sadness in my world with the passing of close family and then our cat who we have had for 20 years.
This made it a way to get our minds off of some of the real life stuff that happens to us all at one time or another.
But in the end, it did bring some time to just have fun and meet up with others who also like a certain TV show and we get time to talk about the ups and downs and enjoy and play.

So, I want to thank Mayhem for having this really great place to come and be together. And for all the time and work he puts towards helping us know what the heck is going on because people like myself need those reminders or notices and it is all here. Plus the really nice background decor. Oh heck, I could go on and on but I know everyone knows what I'm talking about. I have gotten so much help with computer problems and that is just one of many. It's the people and company.

And I also want to take this time to thank each and every one for being here with me and putting up with this old lady and her inability with remembering names  rolleyes.gif  or whatever else you have to put up with me. I only have 2 sons and will still call one by the others name once in a while.  rolleyes.gif  This is a great place to just come and read and relax.
And I hope more of our Guests will take a chance and post and give it a try and join in. It won't take long and you will be happy to have a place where you can say HI or get help with a Pogo issue or just talk about a TV show. Or even start a topic of something you would enjoy.

So, I will now get the heck off of here. But I do want to wish each and every single person a very happy holiday and hopes of love to fill your hearts so you can get that warm feeling of things are good and hope of it going to be okay. And peace to all. Happy new year too.

Squid

What a beautiful post, Cat.  I suppose I can't argue with any of it.  Congrats to Ben - I really do wish him well.   

Just one final comment:  I really like Devon.  Really.   Having said that, I will call him a HUGE knucklehead for stopping practicing making a fire when he had the advantage of knowing what task lay before him vs Ben, who knew nothing of what was coming.  Devon said that he was having trouble making practice fires and he was stopping so he could be well rested.  WHAT?  Is striking a flint THAT tiresome, especially when a seat at the final tribal is at stake?  What a twit!  It became clear to me at that moment that Devon is used to NOT having to work hard at things - typical surfer dude.  I lived among surfer dudes.  He's just like them.  If Devon sat at the final tribal with Chrissy and Ryan, Devon might have won.  I am sitting here shaking my head.  LOL.  I wish him well, too, he is very likable.

Next stop:  Celebrity Big Brother in January.

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to all.  I love this forum.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview