PlayBuddy
April 20, 2024, 02:05:16 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Niles Sphinx Constellation

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleFawn

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on July 04, 2020, 04:32:38 PM
Thanks, S1lent.  I have some MnM badges I can activate but I don't want to squander them if they don't get me over the finish line - and they won't.  I would rather preserve them for a constellation I have hopes of reaching the final gold tier.

Yeah, we are down to the last 5 days so it's best to hold off activating any MnM badges if it doesn't finish it for you.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on May 11, 2020, 12:46:02 AM

The Niles Sphinx Constellation will light up the sky until 11:59pm PST on July 9th.

By my math that means, counting today (the 5th) we can still earn 1,200 pogis if we do every daily challenge, and 800 more for the Weeklies that begin on the 8th if we finish them by 11:59 pm on the 9th?  So 2,000 pogis, total?

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on July 05, 2020, 06:27:48 AM
By my math that means, counting today (the 5th) we can still earn 1,200 pogis if we do every daily challenge, and 800 more for the Weeklies that begin on the 8th if we finish them by 11:59 pm on the 9th?  So 2,000 pogis, total?
So, you have to be very close to the finish line at this point.  I am on tier 2 or 3 in the gold.  There's no hope for me.  In fact, I won't do Wednesday's challenges until after the 9th, so I can use them on the next constellation.  i'll try to get to the next tier with dailies, etc., so i can at least get the power ups for that level.   Such is life...

S1lent

Greetings all you Math Wizards,
I wish you were in my Algebra classes when I was teaching Junior High School.  All the students were interested in something other than Math...at 15 I wonder what it was?

Anyway...does the pic indicate we need 51,500 Pogis to get the Final Gold Badge?

If a Badge was available, I used my precious GEMS to purchase it.  Pogo has me hooked>

Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on July 05, 2020, 06:50:36 AM
In fact, I won't do Wednesday's challenges until after the 9th, so I can use them on the next constellation.  i'll try to get to the next tier with dailies, etc., so i can at least get the power ups for that level.   Such is life...

That's pretty brilliant. I may do the same thing; save the weeklies unless I need them. Knowing me, I'll forget though.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on July 05, 2020, 06:50:36 AM
In fact, I won't do Wednesday's challenges until after the 9th, so I can use them on the next constellation.

That's good idea! Now we just need someone to remind us not to do the weeklies ...

Stinkerbell

I'm going to be short 200 pogis so I found an MnM worth 200 and I will activate that one then wait til Friday to do the weeklies.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on July 06, 2020, 12:57:13 AM
That's good idea! Now we just need someone to remind us not to do the weeklies ...
I know, right?!  I'm so used to jumping right in.  I may put a note on my laptop Tuesday night.  I'll try to remember to post on the forum Weds. morning to hold off if interested in doing that.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on July 06, 2020, 06:26:36 AM
I'm going to be short 200 pogis so I found an MnM worth 200 and I will activate that one then wait til Friday to do the weeklies.
Congrats!  It sounds like you worked it out almost perfectly.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on July 06, 2020, 06:41:42 AM
Congrats!  It sounds like you worked it out almost perfectly.

I did every daily, every weekly, every special event challenge... still 200 short. Pogo should make this exact... you do everything offered for free and you complete the constellation. Miss 1 - you don't. But we shouldn't come up short when doing it all.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on July 06, 2020, 07:08:10 AM
I did every daily, every weekly, every special event challenge... still 200 short. Pogo should make this exact... you do everything offered for free and you complete the constellation. Miss 1 - you don't. But we shouldn't come up short when doing it all.
I totally agree.  I did everything offered for free, plus a limited edition badge, and I am on tier 3 in the gold section.  I'm hoping for one of the bigger marathons next constellation because I think those are my only hope (the one where you can get 30 for free and then buy another 30). 

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on July 06, 2020, 06:41:06 AM
I know, right?!  I'm so used to jumping right in.  I may put a note on my laptop Tuesday night.  I'll try to remember to post on the forum Weds. morning to hold off if interested in doing that.

I'll try to remember to post it as well!

Squid

For people who want to reserve Pogis for the next constellation, you might want to hold off on the Summer Seascape Treasure Chase and the weekly challenges until Friday, 7/10.  What I did was I activated the weeklies this morning and I completed about 1/2 the challenge.  I left the games and will complete them on Friday, which will be easier.

edited to add:  Ooops, I had the day right but the date wrong.  It's Friday, 7/10, not the 9th. 

Stinkerbell

So with 1 more day to collect, Thursday the 9th, correct? that 200 will finish the constellation for me without having to finish a badge/challenge.  We can collect tomorrow, right?

Squid

Tomorrow, Thursday, 7/9, is the last day you can collect on the current constellation, which will end at 11:59pm PDT on that same day, the 9th.  A new constellation and a blank Pogi slate begins on Friday, 7/10.  If after tomorrow's dailies you only need 200 more pogis, I would use your MnM badge and hold off on the weeklies because they pay higher pogis and you don't want to waste any.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on July 08, 2020, 09:26:41 AM
Tomorrow, Thursday, 7/9, is the last day you can collect on the current constellation, which will end at 11:59pm PDT on that same day, the 9th.  A new constellation and a blank Pogi slate begins on Friday, 7/10.  If after tomorrow's dailies you only need 200 more pogis, I would use your MnM badge and hold off on the weeklies because they pay higher pogis and you don't want to waste any.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure. Tomorrow's dailies will get me the 200 I need without using that badge.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview