PlayBuddy
April 20, 2024, 08:33:06 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Survivor

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine1950

Dividing into ethnic groups will surely make this one interesting and probably the ratings will go up now even more ;). I'm a reality show freak. I have watched everyone of these and others.  ;)

Torn2pieces

I'll be watching for sure.

I don't understand their thinking of dividing groups by race and wht not, but last year they had young, old and middle aged seperated.

Really doesn't make a difference to me. Remember eventually they'll be one tribe.

CindyLouWho

Maybe they're running out of ideas to keep everyone interested. lol  (I'd watch anyway cause I love the show).  I think a good idea would be to have an all celebrity survivor.  Be interesting to see some of those people try to survive on an island.   :)) 

PunkInDrublic

Quote from: CindyLouWho on August 27, 2006, 10:30:02 AM
Maybe they're running out of ideas to keep everyone interested. lol  (I'd watch anyway cause I love the show).  I think a good idea would be to have an all celebrity survivor.  Be interesting to see some of those people try to survive on an island.   :)) 
Did any of you see that show a few years back... 'I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here' ? I think that's the closest thing to celebrity survivor we'll ever see. I kinda remember Joan Rivers' daughter was on it, and maybe one of JLo's exes?  :)))

Torn2pieces

Quote from: PunkInDrublic on August 28, 2006, 08:29:48 AM
Did any of you see that show a few years back... 'I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here' ? I think that's the closest thing to celebrity survivor we'll ever see. I kinda remember Joan Rivers' daughter was on it, and maybe one of JLo's exes?  :)))

Yes I watched that one. They had Bruce Jenner, boy his face is plastic. Stuttering John from Howard Stern, who's on Jay Leno.
Can't remember the rest.  It wasn't anything like True Survivor.

jade2002

yeah i remember watching a few episodes.....just couldnt get into that one

Tara

LOL Yep I saw it. J-Lo's ex Chris was on it.. I can't remember who won. It was stupid.

crazy_

Quote from: Tara on August 28, 2006, 08:45:37 AM

LOL Yep I saw it. J-Lo's ex Chris was on it.. I can't remember who won. It was stupid.

I think Chris Judd won, least he had the most money

Here are the list of players and their winnings.

Maria Conchita Alonso: Earned $20,000 for US Humane Society, Global Medical Relief Fund and Venezuela Without Boundaries Foundation

Tyson Beckford: Earned $30,000 for God's Love We Deliver

'Downtown" Julie Brown: Earned $35,000 for City Of Hope

Bruce Jenner: Earned $40,000 for Sierra Canyon High School Foundation

Cris Judd: Earned $200,000 for Make-A-Wish Foundation

Robin Leach: Earned $10,000 for Keep Memory Alive and Citymeals-On-Wheels

"Stuttering" John Melendez: Earned $50,000 for Spinal Cord Society

Melissa Rivers: Earned $100,000 for Make-A-Wish Foundation

Nikki Schieler Ziering: Earned $25,000 for A Special Wish Foundation, Inc.

Alana Stewart: Earned $15,000 for Kabbalah Learning Center and Hollygrove Children & Family Services

Tara

Now it's coming back to me.. Julie Brown was a big whiner.  Melissa was a know it all.  Bruce worked his butt off as he did the Skating reality show he was just in.

CindyLouWho

Guess I missed that 1.   :o

Torn2pieces

QuoteGuess I missed that 1.   

It really wasn't that good. Purdy lame, actually.

CindyLouWho

gator8_24

I stopped watching after the first couple seasons.

crazy_

Quote from: gator8 on August 30, 2006, 04:25:33 PM
I stopped watching after the first couple seasons.

:ooo  not me been hooked on it since season 1

Tara

GM pulls its 'Survivor' sponsorship
Company says reason has nothing to do with show dividing teams by race   

DETROIT - General Motors Corp. has decided to end its sponsorship of CBS' hit series "Survivor," but the world's largest automaker said Wednesday that the decision had nothing to do with the reality show's controversial decision to divide its contestants in the upcoming season by race and ethnicity.

GM spokeswoman Ryndee S. Carney said the company made the decision in the normal course of making its media buys months ago, before the show made its recent announcement.

"I think it's just a coincidence. I know it's not cause and effect," Carney said.

A group of New York City officials have criticized the new format, saying it promotes divisiveness. They have asked CBS to reconsider its plans.

"How could anybody be so desperate for ratings?" City Councilman John Liu asked last week.

Show creator Mark Burnett said Tuesday that many of those criticizing the new approach haven't ever seen the show and don't understand how it works.

"By putting people in tribes, they clearly have to get rid of people of their own ethnicity," he told The Associated Press during a conference call. "So it's not racial at all."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14589787/

crazy_

Quote from: Tara on August 31, 2006, 04:42:18 PM

GM pulls its 'Survivor' sponsorship
Company says reason has nothing to do with show dividing teams by race   

DETROIT - General Motors Corp. has decided to end its sponsorship of CBS' hit series "Survivor," but the world's largest automaker said Wednesday that the decision had nothing to do with the reality show's controversial decision to divide its contestants in the upcoming season by race and ethnicity.

GM spokeswoman Ryndee S. Carney said the company made the decision in the normal course of making its media buys months ago, before the show made its recent announcement.

"I think it's just a coincidence. I know it's not cause and effect," Carney said.

A group of New York City officials have criticized the new format, saying it promotes divisiveness. They have asked CBS to reconsider its plans.

"How could anybody be so desperate for ratings?" City Councilman John Liu asked last week.

Show creator Mark Burnett said Tuesday that many of those criticizing the new approach haven't ever seen the show and don't understand how it works.

"By putting people in tribes, they clearly have to get rid of people of their own ethnicity," he told The Associated Press during a conference call. "So it's not racial at all."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14589787/

yeah right whatever ... guess this means they won't get a vehicle for winning one of the challenges

PunkInDrublic

The only season of Survivor I watched was the one where the sucky guy from Ohio won it. I started watching older seasons when they'd have marathons on OLN or some such station, and almost got hooked. I'm finally starting to see the commercials for this season though, and it's looking like it's gonna be a good one - gonna have to watch it.

crazy_

Quote from: PunkInDrublic on September 07, 2006, 08:14:33 PM
The only season of Survivor I watched was the one where the sucky guy from Ohio won it. I started watching older seasons when they'd have marathons on OLN or some such station, and almost got hooked. I'm finally starting to see the commercials for this season though, and it's looking like it's gonna be a good one - gonna have to watch it.

wow I would love for them to do a survivor marathon

justahumping

I think that GM is going to stop its sponsorship in a lot of different programs just trying to save some money to fix all the cars and trucks that will not make it 5 years or 100,000 miles  :)))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview