June 01, 2024, 01:51:47 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Video Games

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

What method do you use to get your video games?

Rent
3 (2.2%)
Buy
79 (58.5%)
Both
53 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Homer

I figured with the recent video game thread it would be interesting to see what method people use to get their games. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

irisheyesRsmiling

For me, if the price tag is over $40 bucks, I wait till I can buy it used, or I rent and re-rent to get my fix. I have to admit though, there are some titles out there and coming out that I will snatch up NO MATTER the dang price, IE: GTA-San Andreas.  Hey Homer, have u played God of War yet? I'm gonna rent it for this weekend! O0

HAGN all!!! :D ;D ;) :)

Homer

I have it on my GameFly list. ;) Waiting for Xenosaga 2 right now. :D

Motley

I will buy it...but not new, I normally check yard sales, flea markets, and ebay.  There's nothing like coming home with 5 games for 20 bucks. 

Adacia

If it's a pacman world type game that I can beat in a day I'll rent it. If it's a Final Fantasy type RPG it's a sure buyer. I usually won't buy them new. I always hit up the 'video game' retail stores or blockbuster used sale copies.

Homer

Well I can tell you don't buy Xenosaga 2. If you must play it. Rent it. Not worth the purchase price.

Hopefully Bloodrayne 2 will be better. ;)

irisheyesRsmiling

Hey all, I rented God Of War for the week, since I had a tooth extracted today, I'll be indoors all weekend sipping on water and broth :'(   anyways, I just wanted to let u all know how freakin awesome this game is so far---if u like lots of blood---it has it O0 O0 O0, Homer--I highly suggest u rent this one----I am so into it right now---I almost forgot about GTA San Andreas!!  HAGN all---I gotta get back to hacking and slashing my way thru ancient Athens!!! Woo Hoo!! 8) 8)

Homer

It's on my list next. ;) G4TV had nothing but good things to say about it.

irisheyesRsmiling

:D I love that dang channel too!!  X-Play is my all time fav show on there!! I Ti-Vo every night at 11PM.

HAGN all :) :)

Homer

I don't know her name but I like the girl with the spikey blonde hair. Forget the name of the show. They sit around and review games.

irisheyesRsmiling

I know that girl--cant remember the name of the show either???  I have hair just like hers, except mine is RED and spikey-lol. I like X-Play cause i love their hosts Adam and Morgan, they also have a hilarious segment called "it came from X-box Live" where they actually record some of the crazy crap people say while playing on x-box live and play it back with animations!!! It is too funny for words!!

Back to God Of War---- O0

Homer

Hey Irish....God of War is on it's way! Should be here tomorrow.

Got any tips for someone having trouble passing flight school in GTA San Andreas?

irisheyesRsmiling

OK--- Homer I found a small secret for getting ur pilot's license by breaking into Los Santos airport. Head over to the man in the little building outside of the airport.  He's the guy that says "Only people holding a valid pilots license may enter!" Park ANY car in front of the building he is in. Now, jump on top of this car and leap towards the building. If you do this correctly, CJ will grab onto it. Pull yourself up and enter the airport. Just enter a plane and you can hit the friendly skies.  I hope this is what u need.  Let me know if this helps, since you dont have to enter any codes to accomplish this, it shouldnt corrupt ur save file, just an FYI.  OH BTW--u are gonna love God Of War, I am almost done and I am gonna buy it used so i can play it again on the highest diff level(GOD)!!
HAGN. O0

Homer

I already did the flight school once. (Actually a friend did it. :P) Then I did a few missions with the chopper and now I have to go through flight school again. :'( I'm gonna ask my friend to do it again but he's probably not going to be happy about it. LOL

I hate the plane they give you. It handles like crap. :( That causes me to miss the coronas and fail flight school. :'(

irisheyesRsmiling

They do have a super tight handling cheat, never tried it on the planes or choppers, it may help to get u thru the flight school again.  Triangle, R1(x2), left, R1, L1, R2, L1  HAGN! :)

Homer

irisheyesRsmiling

:)  let me know if it works!! Good Luck----I am so close to finishing GOW that I can taste it!!! O0

Homer

My copy didn't come today but no big deal. I still have GTA to finish. I'll let you know how I make out and thanks for the tip! O0

irisheyesRsmiling

you're very welcome, hopefully it works for ya :)

Homer

I made it to blowing up the vehicles with the helicopter. Got 69%. You think it would cut me a break. Damn. Only need 70% to pass that part.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview