PlayBuddy
May 17, 2024, 09:56:36 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

Blu

Quote from: hades on August 11, 2006, 07:07:19 AM
yankees may have lost two of three but still gain on the sox.  ;D

WTG Royals lmfao

hades

Blu

Quote from: hades on August 11, 2006, 07:41:42 PM
yankees played lousy tonight.
They better not start slumping. Big weekend series w/ Boston next week

hades

i think they should bounce back today and tomorrow.

hades

yankees do win today like i said.  :)

hades

bobby

sox gave the tigers a nice sweeping, 2nd time this year, just 5 1/2 back now O0

hades

yankees won and gained a game too.  :)

hades

yankees win again and are now up four games in the loss column over the sox.  ;D

hades

RowdyOne

ok Hades enough on the Yankees lol  I heard and read last night that Alfonso Soriano the Washington National's homerun hitter was put on waivers(which was a surprise to him even) and that the Houston Astros were 72 hours withing picking him up. I so hope the Astros pick him up and sign him to a long term which would be a big burn to the Nationals. Any team that let's go one of their big sluggers should be made to felt stupid for doing so.

Like i said i heard it last night and it may not be legit just yet but I will be posting when it does happen.

hades

whoever gets him that cheap will be lucky.

Blu

Quote from: RowdyOne on August 17, 2006, 06:19:56 AM
ok Hades enough on the Yankees lol  I heard and read last night that Alfonso Soriano the Washington National's homerun hitter was put on waivers(which was a surprise to him even) and that the Houston Astros were 72 hours withing picking him up. I so hope the Astros pick him up and sign him to a long term which would be a big burn to the Nationals. Any team that let's go one of their big sluggers should be made to felt stupid for doing so.

Like i said i heard it last night and it may not be legit just yet but I will be posting when it does happen.

So The Rocket may get 1-0 lead to pitch? lol

Sori will be back where he belongs in 07...NY...I hope.

hades

Blu

Quote from: hades on August 17, 2006, 08:43:25 PM
yankees stunk it up today.
It's all good...I'm stoked for the 5 game series, all but 1 (game 2 tonight) is on TV here.

sd1619

from what I read, being put on waivers usually doesn't mean a whole lot:
Nationals manager Frank Robinson wouldn't confirm a FoxSports.com report that Soriano was put on waivers, but he did discuss the process.

"Sometime during the year, everybody's put on waivers," Robinson said.

Teams routinely do it to gauge interest in players and possible trade options, but it rarely winds up leading to a deal. Soriano said it happened to him last season with the Texas Rangers, and Atlanta reportedly recently did it with All-Star center fielder Andruw Jones.

Soriano, who can become a free agent in the offseason, reiterated that he doesn't want to conduct contract negotiations during the season. But he did say the Nationals are "going to have the first opportunity" to re-sign him.

"I like it here, and I like my teammates, and I like the city," he said. "I never said I want to leave. I want to stay here."

Ilovemyweims

hades

Quote from: BluRaven on August 18, 2006, 04:19:31 AM
Quote from: hades on August 17, 2006, 08:43:25 PM
yankees stunk it up today.
It's all good...I'm stoked for the 5 game series, all but 1 (game 2 tonight) is on TV here.

yankees better not mess up against the pitiful sox.

RowdyOne

First off , The St.Louis cards signed outfielder Preston Wilson today after the Astros got rid of him. The big series between the Red Sox and the Yankees started out with the Yankees winning  by a score of 12-4 (((Hades and Blu will be glad of that))) don't tell them but I'm going for Boston :)

The Astros beat the Milwaukee Brewers 7-3 last night woooooohooooooo!! well that's all i have for now wirth the exception of not hearing a word on wether the astros have or will still sign Alfonso Soriano.

hades

yankees are having a rather great day so far. working on a double header sweep.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview