PlayBuddy
June 16, 2024, 05:07:32 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Sick Son Offline for a While

Started by jeffy,

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffy

Just letting people know im going to be offline for a bit. Took my youngest son to the hospital this morning for what we thought would be a simple visit he had a fever and stuff we tried to take his temp before we left but out thermometer wouldnt work. well when we got there he had a fever of almost 106. They couldnt find out what was wrong he wasnt coughing or throwing up or anything his ears looked good. finally they took and xray of his throat he has some sort of absess in his throat i cant even pronounce what its called its a type of strep throat only worse if it doesnt get treated it causes the throat to close up and he cant swallow very good.
so he is going to be in the hospital overnight for a few nights.

sorry to bring my problems here its just tough i needed to vent

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Jewel

CindyLouWho

Hope your son gets better real soon!!   

(If you need help with any badges during this, don't hesitate to ask!)

swamp

hope your son gets better jeffy. if you need help with your badges pm me tc buddy  O0

harley89

IndianLover

SS about your son, hope he is better realll soon so you can get back here..  O0

gator8_24

Sorry to hear about your son, hope he is better soon. You know family first, Pogo whenever.

Stinkerbell

xgingerx

thoughts and prayers are with you and your son...

need to vent? this is a good place we all need to do that..need help with badges lets us know... 0:

jeffy

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!

UPDATE: Im getting ready to head back to the hospital looks like he is gonna be there at least 1 to 2 more nights the absess infection is going away and its turning into a very serious case of strep throat. The doctors wasnt expecting this to happen but it did. He is playing tho and trying to walk around and eating some. I swear if i would of waited even a few minutes or hours later it could of been way more serious than it is now.  Ya never know what to expect something small you go to the hospital for can turn serious. i have a picture of him at the hospital ill learn how to post it sometime tonight or tomorrow. since we have other kids i cant stay overnight at the hospital so my wife is doing that i just stay as late as i can.
I miss playing pogo and talking on here again thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers.

Jeffy

P.S. luckily this weeks badges were cake and im caught up im just letting sweet tooth run while im gone to the hospital its at rank 48 now thanks for the offers i really appreciate it!!

Also any info on how to get links to picture hosting would be helpful ill show everyone some pics i took with my phone at the hospital he is so cute!!

Tara

Awww how cute. I hope all goes well and you guys come back home soon.

gator8_24

Cute boy there, Jeffy!  He's still just a baby.  Made me go AWWWWWW, poor baby!

Jewel

Awww what a precious lil man you have there, Jeffy! I hope he will be all better soon!

Michie

Glad to hear he's getting better!  I hope he gets home soon. 

My 7 yr old son over the summer had came down with something awful, he couldn't eat and would throw everything up, was getting migranes, his whole body was sore, he couldn't even walk because he was hurting so bad, he slept ALL the time - which is unusual because he's severe adhd,  I just thought it was just the flu and it would pass.  Well after about 3 days he had a rash all over his body which really scared me, so I rushed him to the ER.  They said it was just viral and to just wait it out.  Didn't give us anything to give him.  So his symptoms just kept getting worse, so I made a doctors appt, and the doc said it was Strep.  After a couple days on antibiotics, he was pretty much back to normal, but it really upset me with the ER.  It was over 2 weeks before he started coming out of it.  I have never thought Strep could be this bad.  I did a search online and he had every symptom of Strep.  Usually I thought you would just have a sore throat and some white patches on your tonsils.. but it can definitely get much worse.

apple

FisherLady222

PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR SON....ITS SO HARD WHEN OUR CHILDREN ARE SICK, AND NOT MUCH THAT WE AS A PARENT CAN DO..BUT HOLD THEIR HAND AND LOVE THEM WITH ALL OF OUR HEARTS....GOD BLESS YOU

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

TmT

Jeffy, hope your son is home by now...sorry to miss the thread that he was sick. Cute lil guy too, takes after his mom :)

Hurry back, miss playin with you...lol
TmT

jeffy

I miss it too TmT, unfortunatly he isnt home yet and they wont let him leave until he can go more than 24 hours without a fever. as much anti-biotics as hes got in the last 4 days and tylenol you would think he would be better. Its 11:56est here i just got in im off to bed another long day of worry tomorrow.

Thanks again for everyones thoughts & prayers!! I Truely Appreciate it!!

PS he fell in love with this vaccum toy at the hospital play room so i just bought him one off amazon. Take a look!  O0

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S4M7P4

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview