PlayBuddy
June 13, 2024, 07:36:45 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Thousand Island Solitaire HD : Play 160 distance cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Lost all games and code

Started by Big Roy,

Previous topic - Next topic

bob@pogopal

One can download the autos from BadgeHelp.com

It does not hurt to keep backups in case our site is down but the really critical thing to keep is the proper proof of purchase.

If you are saving the proof of purchase from the paypal transaction history, make sure you save the details page and not just the search results or a receipt number. Oscar needs the details page to verify the purchase.

Krikhette

I submitted proof of purchase, included all registration information. No response. waitied a week, sent again. waited another week. Third week, Bob was cool and explained who I needed to contact, but then.. I followed every rule, completely checked spelling etc.. was nice and got this response!

We have had to adopt a new rule for all 99,119 and 125 customers.
Everytime you restore your computer or buy a new one...we ask you to send us your codes as you use them and they expire.
I can't issue 32 new passwords every other day because certain customers have lots of computer problems.
I don't have the manpower or time to do these...
Sorry for the inconvenience.

So this means I have to show proof of purchase (not 32 by the way, 21 programs purchased) 21 times after each game's trial runs out? Word of advice, do not upgrade your computer!

BadgeHelpOscar

This is standard for any company you buy software from
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Krikhette

Curious now, if I repurchased all the programs (still a bargain price) would I have to wait for each program to time out?

Second, is it volunteers you need to help you catch up on those troublesome cases that need codes? I am sure there are more like myself included that would be more than willing to assist in the process! (no, I am not looking for anything free or to be paid) I just think of it this way. Most of us bought programs some time ago. (speaking of my group of friends) To catch up on the latest releases it would still cost quite a pretty penny. Having quick support would be a great incentive to purchase more. I have been hesitant for this very reason, and I am sure I can't be alone. With the holiday season coming, there are sure to be quite a few people who will be upgrading their computers and operating systems, and in need of support. This way with added help you would be able to focus your attention on new customers!  O0

Have a groovy day

BadgeHelpOscar

You can do it either way, you can wait for it to time out or get them all at once. Most people choose to get them as they time out instead of downloading 40 codes

I would put my company up against any other online company in speed of response. Most online businesses take a MINIMUM of 24 hours to respond. If it is a valid email, I respond within 8 hours.

I realize that most of my customers are not used to online purchasing or customer service, but this is just industry standard.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

bob@pogopal

Hi Krikhette,

Upgrades are always free. We do not charge any extra for upgrades, and we never have. Generally, you can simply download the latest version at any time. There is a chance with some upgrades that you will have to re-enter the password sent to you when you purchased the auto so it is a good idea to keep your passwords handy. In fact, we encourage our customers to keep up-to-date with the software and to check for updates first before sending problem reports.

Oscar's request is only a matter of efficiency. If you are a package deal customer and you have frequent problems due to virus infections or to older hardware etc, it wastes your time to run 30 programs to get the registration codes and it wastes Oscar's time looking up those 30 passwords if you might never use 25 of the passwords before you request them again.

Since you can request the passwords at any time, Oscar is only asking that you wait until you are going to use a password before you request it. You do not have to wait until the shareware is fully expired.

After reformatting your hard-drive, it is perfectly okay to say: "I am using A to get tokens and B to get my rank badges, C & D are the challenges this week and E is for my personal challenge" and request A,B,C,D, and E. You only need to run those five to look up the reg. codes and Oscar only needs to look up 5 passwords.

On Monday or Tuesday or on some day when you have time, you can say: "F & G are the upcoming challenges this week and I am going to do H for my personal challenge" and request those three in plenty of time to use them.

If it turns out you have to reformat again after that, you and Oscar have only spent the time getting 8 passwords and not the time getting 30 passwords.

Even if you forget to request a password ahead of time, you still have the shareware to use while waiting for the password.

I hope that clarifies things,
Bob

AttaGirl42

I have bought a lot of programs from BadgeHelp and I now save my payment confirmation from PayPal and also the letter from Oscar to floppy disks as well as CD just so I won't come up empty handed if my system should ever crash or I upgrade in the future. Takes very little time and space and I don't worry about then.

I do want to add and I know it's probably not the right forum, but I've read posts from some who complain that it takes forever to get passwords back once they've paid. I've had excellant service from Oscar and just got the RoomRover saturday morning and am very pleased with the performance!

Thanks Oscar for the work you put in and for the speedy replies! :)

Leigh Ann

bob@pogopal

Thanks Leigh Ann,

There are a number of reasons why responses do get delayed. I don't know whether it has settled down again, but paypal was having some serious difficulties awhile back.

And we get a surprising number of orders with errors in the email address. As strange as it sounds, if someone's email address is SweetAsPie314159@someisp.net and they tell us to send the password to SweetAsPie@someisp.net or SweetAsPie314159@someisp.com, they don't get the password very quickly (or at all until they contact us to straighten things out).

To some extent, we are also at fault for creating a false expectation. While it is true that a lot of people get passwords within 5 minutes, a lot of people have to wait for Oscar to get back from running errands or from sleeping at night. I keep meaning to adjust that text in my products, but I never think of it before the release goes out.

LeelooMin

what i have done- is made a form like this-

GAME--- AUTO---- CODE

mj------   mo matic------ XXXXXXXX

and done that for all my games- registerd each one- and printed the from out- for all 30 or so that i do use- and when i have to reformat- its so much easier- than emailing for a bunch of passwords- they are all in one spot- PLUS i put registered copies of the autos on my D drive which is MY personal hard drive and my system restore is my E: drive- and with my drive being D: nothing ever gets deleted- unless i personally do- can save a ton of emial and headaches- Wen

bob@pogopal

Wen,

That may work for you because for some strange reason you keep getting the same reg. codes after reformatting. That is not true though for most of our customers when they reformat. While it is always good to keep the passwords handy, it is important to hang on to the proofs of purchase too.

SassyOfficer911

Hi guys

BeforeĀ  I bought the 125.00 package, I asked the question to Oscar
I am looking to buy a new computer within the next year.

He assured me that i could swich over

He just asked me when i do to email him and we would work it out.

so dont worry, just ask and they will come (to help)

sharon

mayberleen

dont feel bad my computer crashed and i have been emailing my info. and still nothing im really hoping there busy and they will get to us soon im into my codes for 30$,so please email me bk.and let me no you care thanks ,love your site :(

bob@pogopal

Wow Mayberleen!

You sure cover all the bases. Email, chat and here in the forum. lol

Hopefully we have everything straightened out now, and if not feel free to email me again.

Thanks,
Bob

Snow Pixie

HI, i have tried sending emails and such to get my new codes and sent reciepts as they are through paypal thank god..and i have yet to hear back from anyone .. this is very distressing... what do i do now?????????????

bob@pogopal

Hi Pixie,

Forward me the email with the proofs of purchase that you sent to Oscar, and I will look into why he did not receive it.

Thanks,
Bob

BadgeHelpOscar

She got everything she needed within an hour of her email. Amazing how people start wigging after an hour has passed.

Oh is there ever going to be a rude awakening in future internet purchases for some of our customers.....yiiiiikes

bob@pogopal

What do you mean "Allow two to three weeks for delivery" ?!?

BadgeHelpOscar

I just ordered it 15 minutes ago, why isn't the mailman here!?!?!

LeelooMin

its the christmas season and everyone wants thier gifts NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! forget long lines at the post office-- LOL delviery via internet INSTANT!!!! LOLOL  pple need to be patient- and oscar and crew-- props go out-- you guys have always taken care of me really well-- and btw whens the JD auto gonna be ready- (teasing) Wen

bob@pogopal

Hi Wen,

I spoke with Joe earlier today. Pogo's changes to Jigsaw Detective messed up what he had already done. His current projections are the release is 2 or 3 days out from now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview