June 01, 2024, 07:47:14 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Canasta HD : Make 30 Canastas this week! [Download Cheat]
Sweet Tooth Town : Collect 80 stars this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Video Games

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

What method do you use to get your video games?

Rent
3 (2.2%)
Buy
79 (58.5%)
Both
53 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 120

SouthPadreIsland

I played The Sims 2 recently - for the first time - my brother has a PS2.  I have a PS1.  I tried GTA-San Andreas but it made me sick as in motion sickness.  I love the original GTA.  I was wondering if you all knew of any games similar to SIMS besides Bustin Out...I don't like that one so much.  I like girly games lol.  Any suggestions?

Homer

I just sent back Shadow of the Colossus. The graphics are terrible. I was surprised after hearing people say it was great.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

hades

eh that late? eek its gonna be a long wait....whats the latest price you heard about it homer?

Homer

Quote from: SouthPadreIsland on March 24, 2006, 08:42:27 PM
I played The Sims 2 recently - for the first time - my brother has a PS2.  I have a PS1.  I tried GTA-San Andreas but it made me sick as in motion sickness.  I love the original GTA.  I was wondering if you all knew of any games similar to SIMS besides Bustin Out...I don't like that one so much.  I like girly games lol.  Any suggestions?

How about The Katamari games or the Dance Dance Revolution series. You will need a dance pad for DDR they cost about $20

SouthPadreIsland

That sounds like it could be fun exercise too...lol.  I will have to check that out.  Thank you Homer!

Kelly

btw that GUN game was only 29.99 brand new at EB....but that was for a gamecube system...dunno price for other systems

Homer

Quote from: hades on March 24, 2006, 08:48:12 PM
eh that late? eek its gonna be a long wait....whats the latest price you heard about it homer?

Mostly rumors so far. I know they would like to charge much more than Xbox but probably aren't likely. In general it's my understanding they don't really make much money from console sales. They'll probably have tiered pricing like the Xbox. Depending on what you want I would think between $300-$500

Homer

Quote from: SouthPadreIsland on March 24, 2006, 08:50:27 PM
That sounds like it could be fun exercise too...lol.  I will have to check that out.  Thank you Homer!

DDR has a workout mode where it tells you how many calories you have burned etc. O0

SouthPadreIsland

Quote from: Homer on March 24, 2006, 08:53:42 PM
Quote from: SouthPadreIsland on March 24, 2006, 08:50:27 PM

DDR has a workout mode where it tells you how many calories you have burned etc. O0

Awesome - now I have to go see about that tomorrow.  I rented that Sims Bustin Out and I hate it, never again

hades

ahhh up to $500 isnt bad.i started hearing like $850 and i was about to get it from you homer  :P

Homer

Quote from: KsArt on March 24, 2006, 08:52:11 PM
btw that GUN game was only 29.99 brand new at EB....but that was for a gamecube system...dunno price for other systems

I can get GUN for $17 for PS2 if I choose to buy it. I'll stick to renting this one though. ;)

Homer

Quote from: hades on March 24, 2006, 08:55:13 PM
ahhh up to $500 isnt bad.i started hearing like $850 and i was about to get it from you homer  :P

They can't afford to charge that. They are already behind the 8 ball with all the delays. A price tag like that would drive many customers to the dark side as I call it. LOL :))

hades

well either to the darkside or calling you up hitting you up for a loan  >:D :))

Kelly

yeah you can get thru it fast it took my hubby a little over a week but he didnt play it non stop....hes also NOT real fast with games....he says its cause hes old(45).....lol....but he will play it again on a harder mode he liked it that much.....i was surprised i didnt even have to look up cheats for him on that game

Kelly

maybe they are going to charge a lot for the ps3 so people can only buy one system and not hog them all up just to sell on ebay like the xbox360's....that was just not right how people were getting 1,000 to 2,000 for them....sickening...i mean i believe in capitalism but comon thats just unfair....i have a seven year old nefew who wanted one so bad for xmas and his mom n dad just couldn't do it...poor kid!!!

Homer

Quote from: KsArt on March 24, 2006, 08:58:16 PM
yeah you can get thru it fast it took my hubby a little over a week but he didnt play it non stop....hes also NOT real fast with games....he says its cause hes old(45).....lol....but he will play it again on a harder mode he liked it that much.....i was surprised i didnt even have to look up cheats for him on that game

My games take a while to finish sometimes. I'm hooked on RPG games but I can generally finish one in less than a week. ;)

irisheyesRsmiling

hi all, im in the retail sector of the gaming industry and i have to say is woo hoo---gta liberty city stories will be out on pS2 april 25th!!!! Homer-keep ur eye out for this one!! also as a side note, I'm going to E3 this year in May, I am so hoping to see a playable demo on the ps3 and the nintendo revolution's controller, I will make sure to post any cool things that happen or that i get to see!!! I cant wait to get all the free gaming swag!! gonna have to pack an extra suitcase for all the giveaways!!!  O0 O0 O0 O0

btw--black is very short, rent this one--8-10 hrs of gameplay---good kill em all game but very short, and dont forget kingdom hearts 2 next week is coming out, that looks awesome!!

hagd all r2.gif

Mr. Rasputia

Thanks for the update irisheyesRsmiling, looking forward to KH II  :D

RuLeR

Homer

I see The Godfather in my mailbox. Time to fireup the PS2.  :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview